GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wound up Morehead Ky tonight. My Pirelli looks to be cut right near the rim. If I strike out finding another tire, would there be anyone nearby be willing to sell one of their spares. Don't care what brand. We are heading to the outer banks of NC this week

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Pirelli run flat car tire.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aaron's best one is a great tire store. Major brands not very cooperative. All good now.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Always glad to hear that all is good. especially for someone on the road. Ride Safe!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Also glad to hear you got it sorted. Did they mount the car tire on your rim? Been thinking about going dark next time. They're not far from me.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Just now seeing this. Yesterday I coulda ran over a pre-mounted Pirelli SC to you. But the 300-350 mile round trip may have sapped my stamina for tomorrow's trip to Colorado. Glad you are back on the road.

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They mounted it no problem, put in balancing beads, and gave us a ride back to the hotel where the bike was. Originally went to Major Brands tire store. The guy running the store wanted nothing to do with a bike even if I brought the rim in.

There were so many angels on this trip. A guy in Flemingsburg, stopped at the gas station where it happened and asked if we needed help. He went home to get his cargo trailer to load up the bike and took us to the Flemingsburg tire store, but they didn't have the right size. He then took us 30 miles south to Morehead and dropped us off at a tire store right by the hotel. Would not take any money for any of it.

A high school kid stopped at the gas station and was trying to find us a place to stay on his phone. He then helped load the bike. Wouldn't leave until we were on our way.

A couple of Harley riders took us to Aarons Best in their wives car after the cab was an hour late. and made sure we were good to go.

Overall the experience made me believe there are good people out there. Kentucky I applaud your people for their kindness.

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
They mounted it no problem, put in balancing beads, and gave us a ride back to the hotel where the bike was. Originally went to Major Brands tire store. The guy running the store wanted nothing to do with a bike even if I brought the rim in.

There were so many angels on this trip. A guy in Flemingsburg, stopped at the gas station where it happened and asked if we needed help. He went home to get his cargo trailer to load up the bike and took us to the Flemingsburg tire store, but they didn't have the right size. He then took us 30 miles south to Morehead and dropped us off at a tire store right by the hotel. Would not take any money for any of it.

A high school kid stopped at the gas station and was trying to find us a place to stay on his phone. He then helped load the bike. Wouldn't leave until we were on our way.

A couple of Harley riders took us to Aarons Best in their wives car after the cab was an hour late. and made sure we were good to go.

Overall the experience made me believe there are good people out there. Kentucky I applaud your people for their kindness.

They are great people in this country .:smile2:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

Just can't beat Kentucky folks. :)

Reactions: revrunt and CAWing

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I didn't see this until now. Glad you got it fixed fellow Hoosier. What city are you from?

What tire did you end up getting?

I have a brand new unmounted Pirelli P1 in the basement and a used Snow Control that would have to be taken off my good rim. Would have been 600 miles round trip for me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wound up getting a Firestone non RF. The only one in the whole town that would fit. Will be getting a run flat asap. I am in Greencastle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts