GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
If the BMW 1600 is included on the Most Expensive list, the GoldWing probably should be too, as it is in the same general price range.

Could drop some of those super limited editions off the "production" list.

The only bike on that list that even interests me is the BossHoss. Would like to ride one for a few hours, but really doubt I would want to own one. Same for a CanAm Spyder.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Only thing that proves to me is, The Goldwing is a great value for the price you pay.

·
Registered
164 Posts
sorry john the wing is many great things but great value its not :22yikes:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Under the Boss Hoss it made mention of letting the clutch out. Has there
ever been a Boss Hoss with a clutch? Lamont could probably answer that.

Herb

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
sorry john the wing is many great things but great value its not :22yikes:
You must have thought it was a pretty good deal when you bought one. :joke:
Under the Boss Hoss it made mention of letting the clutch out. Has there
ever been a Boss Hoss with a clutch? Lamont could probably answer that.

Herb
I thought they were all automatics.:shrug:

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Where do they come up with these selections? Some are one off's and they missed the mark on the Ducati, the 1098R versions sell for $39K and the Desmosedici for between $65K - $75K depending up when you ordered it. 1600 of these puppies were made and sold, that's a production bike, not some custom special.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Boss Hoss has a 2 speed automatic manual tranny, no clutch...it only NEEDS a 2 speed tranny!

All Boss Hosses now have a two-speed automatic transmission that requires manual shifting. Does that make sense? I think so. There's no clutch lever on the left handlebar, no matter how often you might try reaching for it. And to make all ex-racers happy, the Hoss has a race-shift pattern. Down for first, down again for second. Earlier Hosses had just a one-speed tranny, but the two-speed provides a smoother, lower revving ride on the open road. First gear will take the bike all the way to 80 mph, so second can be ignored if that gets your fancy. The way the transmission is set up it's possible to stop and start in top gear, but doing so isn't recommended and the bike will be noticeably sluggish on take-off.

Here's some more about this interesting monster, if you want to read it (2005):
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/19/907/Motorcycle-Article/2005-Boss-Hoss-Quick-Ride.aspx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts