GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a very unusual use for my Wing.

Last Sunday my furnace went on the blink. Ordinarily in NC in October it would be no issue, but we are in ‘unseasonably cold’ weather this week (new furnace installs on Friday).

My 2nd floor has heat and I am using the gas logs to keep the chill off the 1st floor.

I been riding to and from work all week and tonight I walked out into my attached (unheated) garage and it was noticeably warmer than outside or the inside on the first floor.

I reached down and put my hand on the timing cover and sure enough it was still nice and warm. The heat from my bike actually warmed my 1 car garage by a noticeable amount.

1000 lb space heater …. Hmmm … I wonder if I can get it up the steps into my kitchen …

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I'd say the real trick is getting it under the bed covers to keep your feet warm! :shock:

·
Registered
573 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. After a nice long ride it warms up our 2 car garage nicely. Makes it more comfortable to sit out there and stare at the Wing.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Another use for the Goldwing. Post hurricane: Roll the bike out of the garage, put on center stand, hook up 400 watt inverter to battery, start up bike, run extension cord into house, plug in small 13" TV & a portable fridge. Keeps the beer cool and you don't miss the news during those week long power outages.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Jobber Jim said:
Another use for the Goldwing. Post hurricane: Roll the bike out of the garage, put on center stand, hook up 400 watt inverter to battery, start up bike, run extension cord into house, plug in small 13" TV & a portable fridge. Keeps the beer cool and you don't miss the news during those week long power outages.
Jees.....I thought I was the only one to pull that!! :eek: :eek: Up here the power goes out if it just rains!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
How about a GL1800 used to TOW cars and light trucks? A Swedish company has been making them for a few years now. Here's a link to their website;

http://www.comingthrough.se/main.php?lang=UK&page=pro

Check out their 'Gallery' section to see some pictures of one in action. By lane splitting, it can get to dead vehicles before conventional equipment can as it is only as wide as a stock Goldwing before it deploys the tow dolly system from the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts