GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be doing some touring around Harrisburg PA at end of May and wondered if anyone had any motel recommendations.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Just how close do you want to stay to H-burg ??
Is it the Harrisburg area that you're going to be touring around
or are you heading over toward the Hershey or Lancaster area ??

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Road Runner magazine did a "shamrock tour" (four tours) around Harrisburg each one around 200 miles. One is NE, SE, SW & W of Harrisburg. They used Harrisburg as the hub so you don't have pack/unpack everyday.

Didn't know if there was any quaint places to stay or motels someone has had good experience with, especially with motorcycles. Doesn't have to be Harrisburg proper.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Road Runner magazine did a "shamrock tour" (four tours) around Harrisburg each one around 200 miles. One is NE, SE, SW & W of Harrisburg. They used Harrisburg as the hub so you don't have pack/unpack everyday.

Didn't know if there was any quaint places to stay or motels someone has had good experience with, especially with motorcycles. Doesn't have to be Harrisburg proper.

Dchance,
That sounds like it would be a great ride..Is it published on the net anywhere ?
I don't know of an quaint little motels in the area. The only motel I've ever stayed at in that area was the Holiday Inn at Grantville, which is only about 10 miles or so from H-Burg.. Not what I would call cheap or quaint. No problems, nice place, but not cheap....
Depending on what week your doing this you might find some quaint little motels in the Hershey, Palmyra area which is only a few miles east of H-Burg. If you are doing you trip on the Holiday weekend,, GOOD LUCK in this area....

·
Registered
629 Posts
wow I plan on staying outside of Harrisburg on my way to Cats-Cade. I was looking somewhere at the split of I-81 and I-78.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
We did a Comfort Inn while in that area, and as usual, clean rooms and a warm breakfast:lol::lol: I think that there are a few in the area

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

You shouldn't have any problem finding rooms in that area. At Route 39 on 81 there are several places and afterwards. At Route 100 on 78 there are several places. BUT don't wait to long after 39 to find a place - once you get into the Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton (we call it the ABE) area it is more suburban/city exits.

IF you want a mom - pop area hotel there is one of 78 at the Minature America tourist "trap". It would be before Route 100.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts