GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and gives no date for the backordered units. Can anyone provide information on the resistance of the left heated grip on the '06. I broke mine, and took off the shelter to remove it, and didn't think to check the resistance of the good right one. Meby I can put a similar load on the removed heater leads so the right one will work until I get a replacement. TIA

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Hello I have a extra set (used) I can send you the left one & you can use it !! you can send my old one back or if you want to glue on just replace it!!...chuck

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chuck! The great statesman Will Rogers once wrote " I never met a man from Indiana I didn't like" (or something like that). :D We ride year around here in the Tulsa area, but when it gets way down in the 60's, it becomes a test of my mettle. I'll send you a PM.

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
60's ?

It was 34* out when I left for work yesterday morning!!

Bradford

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Bradford, that was an inaccurate statement. It was actually 56 this morning on the way to work. But I'm old and getting soft!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stealthrider.. Meby not very acurate, but I usually refer to the Marysville factory as "Mother Honda".

·
Registered
180 Posts
Made some heated grips once, think I used 22gauge constantin wire, probably Radio Shack in the US, recall it was 11 ohms each grip.
This stuff can be soldered, the home made grips worked a treat, cost around 2$ a pair

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
StealthRider....I would give a fortune in gold and jewels for info about your avatar!! I would even give you my first born son for it, but he's a soldier and would object. Sooooo,how 'bouta freebe? where did you get a moving Spock? That is fantastic :yes1:

JAS.. Thanks for the info. I sent Chuck a PM for a loaner. If things don't work out, I'll try your method.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Hello davidmc if you pm'd me I did not get it ...chuck I also just pm'd you...chuck

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chuck... Just sent you another PM. If you don't get this one, that means that 24 Carat is funnin' with us.

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
davidmc said:
Chuck... Just sent you another PM. If you don't get this one, that means that 24 Carat is funnin' with us.
Your giving me powers and abilities I don't have.

Bradford

1 - 14 of 14 Posts