GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one from Central or North Florida going on the Mother Road Rally June 12 - 19? Anyone here been on it in previous years?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have registered for this.I am not sure wether I will start from Chicago or meet up with the Rally in Missouri.This will be the first time I will have participated.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking of trailering to Pensacola and meeting in Joplin Mo. I will probably register in the next few. Did you get the packet? What day is Joplin departure?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have the packet.They pass by Joplin on Sunday afternoon the 13th June.The stop Sunday night is in Miami OK,There is a lunch stop in Conway MOwhich is just before Springfield.I guess I will meet at the lunch stop.St Louis is the night stop prior.
Have you ridden in this Rally in the past?From what I can gather is that many of the riders are repeaters.
If you decide to ride up I would be happy to ride with you.
Ivor

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I have not done this ride. Rode a lot in Europe, East Coast and Canada. Last year we rode all the way to Port Angeles in Washington. I am seriously considering this ride from Joplin to Santa Monica, then back. My phone # is 407-893-6476. Give me a call - we can discuss some ideas.

JJ

·
Registered
161 Posts
jj I'll give you a call we have done the ride before. maybe answer some questions you may have. :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I did this in 2000. I did it on my VFR800. It is supposed to be a ride your own ride type event. But we all started off just following the leader. Sorry forget his name now.

It was pretty good, he stopped at lots of memorable locations. After a couple days we did break up into smaller groups. We did arrange in the morning to know where the ending point for the day was so we all regrouped at the end of the day at a particular motel.

I would do it again.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I did this in 2000. I did it on my VFR800. It is supposed to be a ride your own ride type event. But we all started off just following the leader. Sorry forget his name now.

It was pretty good, he stopped at lots of memorable locations. After a couple days we did break up into smaller groups. We did arrange in the morning to know where the ending point for the day was so we all regrouped at the end of the day at a particular motel.

I would do it again.
Well come along then.There is a really good Rallymaster this year.His name is George Higgins its his 2nd year I believe and it looks a lot of fun this year.

·
Registered
161 Posts
:thumbup:A short overview of the Mother Road Ride Rally
This is a motorcycle ride down old RT-66. The ride start on the 12th June 2010 at La Quinta Inn in WillowBrook, Illinois. The ride will go to Chicago to catch the beginning of RT-66 and follow RT-66 to Santa Monica, Calif. the ride ends June 19th in Santa Monica, Calif. where there will be a breakfast and awards. The ride will follow a lot of the old RT-66 and will include riding across the Mississippi river on the chain of rocks bridge, the Ozark trail, original red brick pavement, the ghost town of Oatman for breakfast. 2010 will be the 16th year for this ride. All bikes welcome. You must register.
call 817-488-4940. e-mail [email protected] or call 304-481-8350 e-mail [email protected] web site http://www.hhjm.com/rally
ride of a lifetime.

THANK YOU
GEORGE HIGGINS
RALLY MASTER

1 - 9 of 9 Posts