1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Worked great for me! Cliff.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I've got one also. It works great and cuts the time it takes to bleed the brakes. When your done flush the valve with alcohol to remove any brake fluid that might still be in there. This will keep it from seizing up between uses.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Used mine twice. It is truly a one person piece of equipment, and worth the money in my opinion. Ride safe.

Crabby Bob

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
I did not know the alcohol trick. So mine is usually stuck. I use it on all the ones I can't reach when positoined at the peddle or lever.

prs

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
sounds like a decent deal, has anyone here actually used one on a GL1800 ? does it work good ?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/65/4935/ITEM/Motion-Pro-Hydraulic-Brake-Bleeder.aspx
I use mine all the time and love it. I had to remove all the 8MM bleeder valves and wrap the threads with a couple turns of Teflon tape (have someone else hold their finger over the caliper hole as that nasty fluid sometimes runs out a little:joke:). Don't wrap near the last couple threads on the insertion end as you do not want to get any little pieces of Teflon tape into the system :22yikes:. All my 10MM bleeder valves had some kind of sealant on their threads and worked fine with no air leaks :thumbup:.
I also went to Lowes home improvement store and purchased about 20 feet of 3/16" I.D. clear vinyl tubing. I don't have any excuse why I picked 20 feet except I am an impulsive buyer :shrug:.
Every time I bleed the brakes I replace the suction tube with about 9" of new tubing.
Each time I finish bleeding from a valve, I cut off about 3/8" of the end as it has stretched and I never want one to pop off the valve (yes it happens :oops:).
I still use a MityVac for the clutch ;).

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yes...they work well. I have one and have used it several times. I have changed over to Speed Bleeders and really like them, but the Motion Pro is a great way to go. Well worth the small cost.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I bought one three years ago and have had very good results.

But I don't use it on the clutch -- still use the Mightyvac -- but for the life of me, I don't remember the reasoning for this. Something that I read here that apparently made sense at the time!

·
Registered
664 Posts
"I had to remove all the 8MM bleeder valves and wrap the threads with a couple turns of Teflon tape (have someone else hold their finger over the caliper hole as that nasty fluid sometimes runs out a little:joke:). Don't wrap near the last couple threads on the insertion end as you do not want to get any little pieces of Teflon tape into the system :22yikes:. "
Yes you need to remove and seal the bleeders if your using a Motion Pro valve, so............if your going through the trouble to remove them, why not replace them once with Speed Bleeders and be done with it? They cost more but the benifits far out way the cost and you never have to hassel with the Motion Pro valve again. :yes1:
The Motion Pro is cheap but you get what you pay for in life. Speed Bleeders are so much easier theres no comparison. If you ever use a Speed Bleeder..............you'll throw the Motion Pro check valve in the trash.
OK ...........I'll admit I still have my Motion Pro valve. I just don't use it anymore since I put Speed Bleeders on all of my bikes. Seroiusly..............Speed Bleeders are a No Brainer once you've used one and see just how fast and trouble free the bleeding process is with them. You will have long forgotten the cost of them soon after you buy them, but you see and appreciate the benifits of them everytime you bleed your system.

"Every time I bleed the brakes I replace the suction tube with about 9" of new tubing. Each time I finish bleeding from a valve, I cut off about 3/8" of the end as it has stretched and I never want one to pop off the valve (yes it happens :oops:). "
I use a small hose spring clip over the end of the tube on ANY bleeder fitting. It's never come off.

"I still use a MityVac for the clutch ;). "
Why?
Use a Speed Bleeder and just pump the fluid out with the clutch lever.
See my above comments.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
See my above comments.
I don't want any speed bleeders and have heard of them failing (not fully sealing with the spring loaded ball).
I have only had one hose pop off the clutch bleeder using the MityVac. That was only because the hose has to thread around the cannister and it slipped. No damage.
The motion Pro is very easy and does not need spring clips over the bleeder nipples. I cut the 3/8" of used tube off with a razor blade and it takes about 5 seconds. It is non-stretched, snug after installed and is not going to come off with normal use.
I pay $0.18 for enough clear vinyl tubing to bleed every valve on the Wing's brake system (9" total when I begin). Why in the world would I want to add more items that could stick and fail :shrug: :?:.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Love my Motion Pro.

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
THANKS for ALL the replies folks ! :thumbup:

i ordered the Motion Pro tool

1 - 19 of 19 Posts