GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for reference I just bled the brakes and clutch on my Wing. This time I used the Motion Pro Hydraulic Brake Bleeder. Man, this tool makes the process an easy on person job! I give it two thumbs up.

Hector

·
Registered
373 Posts
What adaptors are you using?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
So, is this a check valve like Speed Bleeders, except portable between vehicles?

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I tried it and didn't like it much. Went to speed bleeders instead.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It works great, didn't you read my first post? LOL

It is a check valve that keeps air from re-entering the system when you release the brake lever or pedal.

Short story - attach a tube from one end of the tool to the bleeder valve and put the tube from other end in a container. Change/bleed the brakes. The big advantage of this tool is that you do not have to close the valve every time you reach the end of the throw of the brake lever to keep air out of the system. That is Huge on a bike like the wing.

Hector

how does this work i would like some i8nfo pleeeeeeeeeeese:confused:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I'm stumped ...

When you put the first section of clear plastic tube over the bleeder,
then connect the one-way valve and second plastic tubing that would
go into a container, WHERE DOES THE AIR GO IN THE FIRST SECTION OF
TUBING ??????? Seems the air would be pulled in... hmmmmmm !! :shrug:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I'm stumped ...

When you put the first section of clear plastic tube over the bleeder,
then connect the one-way valve and second plastic tubing that would
go into a container, WHERE DOES THE AIR GO IN THE FIRST SECTION OF
TUBING ??????? Seems the air would be pulled in... hmmmmmm !! :shrug:

:popcorn:
The first press of the lever fills the void (which is quite small), but you can "prime" it if need be. I have one and love it. I used to bleed brakes with just "primed" plain clear tubing, but in some locations, it's a bit tough to fit the required vertical length of hose.

Some complain that the hose does not fit some of the bleeder fittings, but you can get different size tubing at any hardware store for pennies.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I tried using this the last time I did the brakes. The directions say to "prime" before using it. I tried to "prime it by pouring new brake fluid in the tube that attaches to the bleeder valve. Never could get it to work. So i just did the old pump and close method. Question I have is how do you get it primed before using it??? Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It seems that the Motion Pro Bleeder or the Speed Bleeder could be used in conjunction with a Mighty-Vac hand pump. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
This is also my preferred tool for brake and clutch fluid changing/bleeding. It makes the whole job much easier.
You are no longer using the Mighty Vac? Why not?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts