GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body else going to be at the GP race Sunday? I will be in the South Vista area

·
Registered
52 Posts
Fun day

I went today. Based on the qualifying, you should see some good racing. They didn't allow bike parking on the backstreatch today.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff.

I usually park in the lot across from south vista anyway........but I wonder why they are not allowing the parking on the back stretch?

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I got it on my DVR and will watch it today!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saw some awesome racing!! 350 mile round trip. Left at 0600, had breakfast with my daughter at her college in Greencastle, headed over to the race track for 4 races (125's, Moto II, Moto GP and XR1100) and still home by 1800 hrs.

Weather was absolutely fantastic for both racing and riding......great way to spend the day while the wife was in prison. :)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder what people will think? :joke:
Well, the ones who know me (like you) will laugh.......

By the way, how far are you from Greencastle? Debbie and I ride up there quite often to visit our daughter (junior at DePauw) We need to hook up and ride up to the Beef House to meet for supper some time.......maybe get Willy and a few others??????

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Back again for 2012

Saw on the news that the Moto GP will be back again next year....On a different weekend though I think.

I went in 2010 and had a great time.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Well, the ones who know me (like you) will laugh.......

By the way, how far are you from Greencastle? Debbie and I ride up there quite often to visit our daughter (junior at DePauw) We need to hook up and ride up to the Beef House to meet for supper some time.......maybe get Willy and a few others??????
Greencastle isn't far, too far from Danville. I'd ride there to get a Coke. So, no big deal. Yep, we need to get together for a steak. I just talked to Red Willy and he's all for it, I think all of us like the Beef House. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to talk 5Ross into going. Hell I bet we could probably talk Rich & Becky into coming along.

I'll work on putting a date together. What is best for you, Saturday or Sunday? AM, Mid Day, or evening? Just kidding about the AM part.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Saturday, early afternoon to early evening...........we will probably spend the night around Cloverdale........

Debbie works every other weekend.............she is working this weekend, so she will be off next weekend and every other weekend after that. Sometime in the middle of October, she will be gone for a week or so.........(fall break at DePauw, her and Amanda go to Panama City Beach every fall)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts