GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PSA: I'm not a race fan. But I rode down to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway last year to watch the MotoGP practice session -- just to see what it was all about.

I was blown away by the intensity of these remarkable riders and machines. The best of the best, indeed!

Indy and Laguna (Calif) are the only two venues in the US for this world circuit event.

The fan base has a definite European flair to it. You'll hear lots of different languages being spoken and "odd" dress. Just another interesting aspect to this cool event.

Anyway, if you're in the "area," (I saw motorcycle plates from all over the country last year) you could do worse things than stopping by the track to experience practice on Friday, 8/26; time trials on Sat, 8/27 or the races on Sun, 8/28. The weather will be top notch.

And, no, I have no financial interest in MotoGP or Indy!!! I just found it to be a really unique experience and wanted to share.

PS: The REPSOL Honda team is thoroughly dominating the field so far this year.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Two more things: $10 admission for practice day. And you'll get to ride your bike a short distance on the Indy 500 oval and then park on it.

Well, that excited me!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Indy and Laguna (Calif) are the only two venues in the US for this world circuit event.

Think Auston, Tx. gets a race next year?

greg

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I wish I could go to the race. Actually had the wife convinced but then decided I would rather do a ride later in Sept. Only so much money for motels and eating out. And limits on her time off.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon, chances are this will be the last MotoGP event at Indianapolis.

Don't miss it......

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Two more things: $10 admission for practice day. And you'll get to ride your bike a short distance on the Indy 500 oval and then park on it.

Well, that excited me!
I was there also, learned how to save the $10 and still get to ride on the oval!
Some best racing to watch was at the fairgrounds. The enduro event in the Ag building was real exciting.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon, chances are this will be the last MotoGP event at Indianapolis.

Don't miss it......
REALLY JEALOUS!:bow:

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Yep can't wait for the new track in Austin. that is going to be one of racings premier sites!

Don't miss it......

·
Registered
513 Posts
indianabob,

agreed,, even if you dont give a hoot about racing,,,the meld of people at this event is very cool. much the same of an F-1 race... people from every corner of the world will travel here....to see it. not just the good ol boy clientel'. red bull and lots of the Euro sponsors companies have some of the coolest 'temporary hospitality buildings' out there! the eye candy isnt all that bad,,either..:) you'll definatly feel like an old timer,,among this set of fans,,,no getting around it. wish i were young again,,,ya.....
say,,,do these riders go to DQ after the races are over with?...:)

bc

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Lucky you! I got my DVR set!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts