GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Motoport Mesh riding suit, Air Mesh Jacket http://www.motoport.com/_product_106903/Air_Mesh_Kevlar_Jacket and pant http://www.motoport.com/_product_106916/Air_Mesh_Kevlar_Pant sized for a short fat guy (5'8" and 200 lbs). They look near new and pretty much are as I don't wear them.

At one time I used the mesh suit for riding to work during the summer, the thought was because I had on work clothes not my beloved LDComfort mesh would be cooler. Well, I listened to my own advise and tried using the textile suit, guess what, the textile is cooler so the mesh is hanging in the closet.

Here is the deal, a chance for all you mesh guys, the ones that do not believe textile is cooler, to score one of the best riding suits made on the cheap. If you are a short, fat guy who knows mesh is the greatest thing invented for summer riding, a let the wind blow over your body, more ventilation Scotty, more ventilation Scotty type guy, PM me it could be your lucky day or maybe not if you really want to stay comfortable riding when it is hot.

·
Administrator
3,569 Posts
It's so tempting, Bubba, because I usually wear a First Gear mesh jacket, and I really want to graduate to Moto Port. If I knew I had the willpower of CA Doug to lose a little baby fat I'd gladly take you up on that.

A generous offer and great deal for someone.

Glen

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's so tempting, Bubba, because I usually wear a First Gear mesh jacket, and I really want to graduate to Moto Port. If I knew I had the willpower of CA Doug to lose a little baby fat I'd gladly take you up on that.

A generous offer and great deal for someone.

Glen
You don't want the mesh anyway, they are only for folks that ride short rides in good WX (well maybe they're nice in the rain as well). For someone that "rides" in all WX like you the Kelvar textile ones are the only way to go.

BTW, CA_Doug was here this weekend so we could install some HID running lights on his bike. He is really looking good, he is 6'1" and we weigh the same, high 180s to low 190s. The only difference is I'm only 5'8" :).

Find a book on the South Beach diet, I very loosely follow it, mostly by limiting carbs and booze i.e. bread, pasta, and rice, and have lost over 40 lbs in the last year. The best part is I eat all I want, just not what I want.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Too bad I'm the wrong size, I'd jump on it. Mesh work well here for about 8 months of the year.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too bad I'm the wrong size, I'd jump on it. Mesh work well here for about 8 months of the year.
Yep, you and CA_Doug would need to add 6" the the legs and sleeves to get 'em to fit. You are right....as long as you don't cross the mountains life Southern CA is really good, a mesh kind of world. Course you could say the same about us, as long as we stay in the sand box it's damn easy to stay comfortable :).

·
Registered
848 Posts
Summers over - thinking of buying a winter jacket. Tourmaster looks good. Any other brands I should consider? About $200 is my limit.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Summers over - thinking of buying a winter jacket. Tourmaster looks good. Any other brands I should consider? About $200 is my limit.
Gary,

From another thread I see you are new to the Wing, from your list of pass bikes I'm guessing you are a returning rider and have been off bikes for a few years while taking care of life. If I'm wrong forgive me, if right, well it happens to the best of us.

Some free advise, it's worth what you paid for it but it could save you some money and storage room, here goes: A high price does not guarantee good gear but a low price does guarantee a inferior product. I know, I have a shed and a couple of closets full of motorcycle junk. It's cheaper to spend more and only buy once.

Most motorcycle gear has two functions; one to help you stay comfortable on the bike and the other to protect you from a unintentional get off. Good gear will get that balance right, two of the best are Motoport and Aerostitch. They cost more to buy but will be cheaper in the long run and offer superior protection.

On any question about riding gear, be it boots, gloves, helmets, jackets, pants or even underwear you will have a chorus of replies. This product is great, you don't need to spend x amount of money because.....whatever. Most don't have a clue what they are talking about. BTW, I could be one 'em, the ones that don't know what they are talking about :).

OK, here's the advise that can save you money, before you buy, look at what the LD riders are using. Most use what they use because it gets the balance between comfort and protection right and will stand the test of use.

BTW, Tourmaster may be good, I don't know, never used their gear but I bet it will be "throw away" disposable gear. Motoport and 'Stitch are not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts