GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new motor trike kit on my 08 goldwing. It is solid axle and the two plus two. I can set the pressure at say 50 lbs and it might stay there or it will go real crazy it can range from 50 to 325 lbs and it just keeps doing this. It is the digital guage. This may do this all day or just when ever it feel like it. It would be nice if it was more consistant. I ride 2 up most of the time and also pull a trailer.
Any idear would be helpful.
Thanks ziggy

·
Registered
77 Posts
pressure guage

Sounds like a pressure sensor problem. the output of the sensor should feed the digital display. I am assuming that the ride does not go soft - air leaking. For the display to jump around, the sensor is sending a signal that is jump around. Wonder if the is supposed to be a restriction in the air line going to the sensor. That would act like a shock and "average" the pressure.

Just my two cents worth.
:shock:

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have a new motor trike kit on my 08 goldwing. It is solid axle and the two plus two. I can set the pressure at say 50 lbs and it might stay there or it will go real crazy it can range from 50 to 325 lbs and it just keeps doing this. It is the digital guage. This may do this all day or just when ever it feel like it. It would be nice if it was more consistant. I ride 2 up most of the time and also pull a trailer.
Any idear would be helpful.
Thanks ziggy
Sounds like a return trip to the installer. I'm guessing "new" means just installed so it should be a warranty repair. I bet Richard at Motor Trike has the answer. :bow::bow:

Hope you get that fixed quick. It would drive me bonkers!!!

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Set it setting still where you want it, and don't look at while moving. Ride on :yes1:
Your seeing the airbags at work while you are moving. If it is bothersome, tape a cover over it and only look at it sitting still. :shrug:

·
Registered
739 Posts
George would the gage go up to 325 even under hard conditions???? That seems a bit high and erratic to me.... I sort of monitor mine from time to time and it rarly varies more then five pounds....

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I guess I misread the pressures,,, I didn't know it would display that much. My analog gage bounces all over the place on a rough road, and even just going to town on a sort of smooth road it bounces 15-20 pounds, but steady at where it should be sitting still.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found problem fixed it. The ground wire had come loose on the compressor, it is ok now.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Good find Ziggy!! I'm surprised that would cause such radical indications but hey -- fixed is fixed. Sometimes we just have to set back and have a cool one after a deal like that. Glad you got it well... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Good find Ziggy!! I'm surprised that would cause such radical indications but hey -- fixed is fixed. Sometimes we just have to set back and have a cool one after a deal like that. Glad you got it well... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yepp!! Strange that the swing was that radical indeed,,,,,:? A bad ground will do strange things in electronic devices............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts