GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 1800 with a 2011 new motortrike 2+2 solid axle. I have had a terrible time with the installation of this kit. The rake kit is loose after they supposably repaired it twice. The body still rubes the tire on the right side. They have replaced the shocks with 1500 shocks. That did raise the body up about 1 and half inches. The springs is set in the highest setting,and the air pressure is about 45 to 55 lbs. This will keep it off the tire but rides very rough. I pull a trailer with a 145 lb.passenger. The trunk lid, all the brackets that is molded to the lid has all broke loose and also cracked the lid where the chrome bumper is installed. The right side panel will not stay fastened and come loose within about 20 miles.passenger has to hold it with his leg to keep it from blowing off. Takes all the fun out of it for my grandson.i know it is mostly the installers fault but i am not getting any where with motor trike. I have many other issues with motor trike also. This is my second trike kit and loved the first one no problems. Does any body know of a good installer near southern iowa or missouri? I am getting very disapointed with this situation.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have a 2008 1800 with a 2011 new motortrike 2+2 solid axle. I have had a terrible time with the installation of this kit. The rake kit is loose after they supposably repaired it twice.
If by "loose" you mean the front end has some bearing play, it's possible the races aren't seated fully. It's all too easy to get them slightly cocked as they are being driven in, and hard to fix. They'll move a little while riding and loosen, but still may not be fully seated. Torquing the adjustment (which may have been the "repair") will make the problem disappear during the adjustment, only to reappear on the road.

The real solution may be to strip everything down, drive out the races, and install them properly. Any good bike shop can do that for you. Or the installer you find (sorry I can't help there) and trust to fix the other problems.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Contact MotorTrike immediately! You have been had by whoever "they" is. 2 tries w/no joy is enough. Give MotorTrike a try, then a Lawyer is next! You should not have to spend you own money to get this corrected!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Indian Motorcycles of Omaha is owned by Rod's Powersports of Lincoln and all of the trike conversions are done there. They have an installer that is very particular and highly thought of and they are also one of the Top Ten Dealers of Motortrike. Had mine converted about 6 weeks ago and recommend them!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Good to have chatted with ya yesterday, keep us informed....

·
Registered
640 Posts
You ought to call and ask to talk to Jeff Vey the owner of Motortrike himself....he's a nice guy and I feel like he would be willing to help you out if he knew about the problem....

Rip
2008 Motortrike....made at the factory....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts