GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 1800 with a 11 motor trike 2+2 spider kit with solid axle. I do not have running boards on it. When it rains the tires carry the water to the front of the fender then the water with all the road grimegoes all over the passenger and the driver so bad you can not see out of the wind shield. It appers when the water is coming of the tire the wind catches it and blowes it all over. It is real bad. I had o5 motortrike kit which was a spider only and never had this problem. Does any body have this problem? If so any suggestions.
This is a serious problem as the road grime gets on the inside of the wind shield and also my glasses.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Ziggy what you are experiencing is the same that I experienced before I got Aqua Shields. I see that you have a Tulsa Tall wind screen. If you don't have them get or make a set of tunnel fillers to put in the fork tunnel. That will take the blow back off the inside of the windshield Some but not all, and of course close the vent in rain. Next get a set of Bakers foot wings for Trikes or Trike Wings ( I couldn't tell in your Sig Photo if you have them ) Also get a set of Baker Hot Foot deflectors I think they are called. They just snap on the lower engine guard, and deflect the wind down. They help some also, but not as much as the advertisement claims. The MT body has a short front to the rear fender for some reason,,, :shrug: and in the rain or on a wet road it all comes right out of the wheel well onto the ground in front of the tire, and bounced up in your lap,,,:evil: If they made a fender extension that came down 6 or so inches that would cure it, but alas they don't, and expect one to get the Aqua Shields ( wonder how they came up with that name,,,;) )

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
George i have all the baker wings including the trike wings . The picture that you see was my old one. I have a new 08 with motortrike 2+2 spyder now. I never experenced this problem with my old one. Just the new one. Do you think there is a fix for this or am i going to half to install the aqua shields? There has got to be a better way.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Ziggy,
We had the same type of problem with our '99 CSC conversion, then they came out with the "running boards" for the 1500 conversions, we had two installed and the problem was fixed. The single most aggravating problem with a trike is the water from the road. With our '06 Cobra conversion there is not a bit of a problem. I can remember riding in the rain with the 1500 (before the ground effects) and the rear tires were pushing so much water ahead of the tire, when we stopped, I had to dump water our of my boot.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Get a Product like REJEX

I use a product called REJEX , google it and you can buy it online. I put it on every 6 months and it deflects water away faster than it flys at you....I used it on the leading edges on my brothers crop duster that gets covered with bugs during dusting season and the ones that did stick came off with the garden hose. Bugs on your bike, trike or whatever will also...have used it on everything in THE WIND , windscreen, body work,your face shield, sun glasses, my wife even put it on her chaps...it is a product similar to wax but it sticks around much better with no unkeep and rain storms now never slow us down.... :bow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts