GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site is down. Not sure if permanently. Remember reading mid year 2018 they were going to shut it down after 2018, but site now gives this message:

The board is under review...

We will be back soon...

If permanent, maybe there will be more activity on here. Happy New Year to all you motorcycle campers out there!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
It will be back. Used to post a lot on there till I was exiled.:eek:4:>:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Remember reading mid year 2018 they were going to shut it down after 2018, but site now gives this message:

The board is under review...

We will be back soon...

If permanent, maybe there will be more activity on here. Happy New Year to all you motorcycle campers out there!
What's funny is that thread on motocampers.com that talked about shutting it down, and than one of the members posted about the necessary steps to upgrade the software and even volunteered to take it over was deleted. I thought that was strange. Why would the admin delete that thread when it contained valuable information about the necessary steps to upgrade the software?

·
Registered
5,499 Posts

·
Registered
5,499 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Brrring, new management here.

Site is online, and functional.

Send me an email with a screenshot of the error you are receiving, and your public IP address. You can find this by going to google and typing "whats my IP address."

email to: [email protected]

·
Registered
557 Posts
What's funny is that thread on motocampers.com that talked about shutting it down, and than one of the members posted about the necessary steps to upgrade the software and even volunteered to take it over was deleted. I thought that was strange. Why would the admin delete that thread when it contained valuable information about the necessary steps to upgrade the software?
I deleted it. It wasn't necessary anymore, since the site wasnt closing...and I was the one posting the software update info...soooo I didn't really need the info as I had been the one originally providing it. :grin2:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Run, @Derick, run!

Happy camping. Good luck. It's a good site.
Nah I've been running vbulletin sites since 2005, this is an easy one. I just hated to see all the good information die, so I'm just carrying on the legacy as it wont impact my existing systems much. All the credit goes to Rick the previous owner and all those who were involved in the sites inception. I'm just here to carry the torch.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Well I just went there and it is still a bad site;

Category
Trojan

Domain
Allfonts.press

Type
Outbound connection

IP Address

Port

File
C:\program files (x86)

This is from Malwarebytes and again was blocked before it would open. To me Motocampers.com is still not running
by somebody who know what to do with it.

I used to get that notification (allfonts) all the time, caught by virus software. since the new person took over, haven't had it again.

Try to clear the cookies and cache for that particular site. It may be still be getting a link to allfonts.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well, I've had this under my control for all of two weeks and I'm still learning stuff. I'm not sure what the allfontshere.press thing does, but I have removed it from the templates on the site. It's like a marketing or revenue tool used at some point. I run my sites without ads and generally just ask for funds verbatim, so I'm not familiar with all the various tools out there, but I used the info here and from the user to remove the entries from the various templates affected.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts