GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago on this board there were pictures of a motorcyclist the ran into the back of a Semi Trailer, is there anyone out here that knows how to find it. Son bout a crouch rocket and want to show him the parrels of what speed can do.

Thanks

·
15 year Member
6,932 Posts
Yikes.....

Matt(BCNV) :eek:4:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
OUCH!:eek:4:

·
Registered
674 Posts
I remember another story that showed a bike and rider turned to hamburger under a trucks wheels in IIRC, Thailand, but cant find the photos.

Here is a link to a video titled Thrill? Or Buzz Kill? at the California Highway Patrol. note the officer talking about the guy ON the trailer.

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES.

Click HERE to go there

·
Registered
700 Posts
ctryfok...it's true that speed kills..."thats why Turtles live longer"...but even slow speeds have issues as well...and can happen at the blink of an eye...this happened when the driver decided to make a u-turn...speed was less that 15 MPH...Best of luck to you and your son...:flg:

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Speed Kills?

I have had 2 serious accidents on motorcycles, and both times I was at a dead stop. Bike totaled both times.

Joe in Modesto

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I have had 2 serious accidents on motorcycles, and both times I was at a dead stop. Bike totaled both times.

Joe in Modesto
^^^
That's a good point! He will have to understand how vulnerable you are, and always need an 'out'. Speed can definitely be a very big contributing factor, but you could be in an accident at any speed including 0 MPH. Good for you being proactive in teaching your son!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think that this thread is kinda mixing apples and oranges a bit much.

It is patently obvious from the first two links that the riders reaped what they sowed. Going 120+ MPH and/or causing a high speed chase from the police? Sorry, they don't get much sympathy from me.

However, when it comes to other drivers that either intentionally try to cause the rider to go down, or through inattentiveness cause an accident should understand that their actions can get someone killed. The fact that we're at risk and accept that risk by riding doesn't make excuses for idiots that are distracted or have other issues that make them dangerous on the road. Stiffer penalties for distracted, impaired and just plain stupid mistakes are needed, IMHO.

In any case, I'll continue to ride like an old man, because some day I want to be one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts