GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I can’t claim to have tested multiple brands. I have a waterproof Alpinestars that I wear most of the time and some Firstgear mesh. I have wide feet and both are ok.

I don’t like to wear waterproof boots generally unless I need to. My feet sweat a lot and even goretex doesn’t really breathe that well.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I like the WORX brand boots from Red Wing store. The boots have a fiber toe insert instead of a steel toe and has a super oil resistant grippy soul that is thick enough to help shorter riders touch the ground.The souls are also almost self cleaning if you step in mud. Red Wing will also replace the insouls for free once a year or when they become uncomfortable to wear on most of the boots they sell.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Bates motorcycle boots are on sale now. Big sale - they were originally around $180 (overpriced IMO) and now you can find them on Ebay and Amazon for around $50 brand new in box. Waterproof too. Not every model in every size and every color but still dirt cheap for a motorcycle boots...and Bates.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have two pair of crusierworks waterproof boots and have worn them for years. three years ago I had them both resoled by Resole America. Still 100% waterproof

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
You can purchase water/proofing for your leather boots..This sure does keep the leather in a soft/water/proof condition

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a pair of Cruiserworks boots and they were fine for riding but after a couple of years it got to the point that walking more than 25 yards in them was just too painful. I tried a pair of TCX AirTech Gore-Tex boots and have been really happy with them. They are great while riding and I can walk all I want without discomfort.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I always used Cruiserworks & never had any problem...plus they are waterproof.
Cruiserworks here also (Wellington style); most comfortable footwear (shoes & boots) I ever had.

Not sure if they are still in business though.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts