GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ive had an off brand cover and i just bought a kuryackan cover and neither one has ever left a mark. the kuryackan cover has a piece of soft cloth that goes over your windshield and a tough heat resistant sewen in piece that wraps around the bottom where the pipes are so you can put it on if the pipes are still a little warm. i think it was 80 bucks ar so from hal

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Don't think any will if used like they are supposed to be used.

But put one on a bike and put the bike on an open trailer for 1000 miles and see what you get..... :lol:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
IR Harry said:
Don't think any will if used like they are supposed to be used.

But put one on a bike and put the bike on an open trailer for 1000 miles and see what you get..... :lol:
Come on Harry....tell us how you know this. :lol: :lol:
Boy are you right though.
Actually, I've seen one case where a friend, (in Texas no less)
who lived in a trailer park years ago, had his bike sitting out under a cover,
in some heavy winds for several days, and it did buff some corners pretty bad.
Not a usual situation but one to keep in mind if you found yourself in a situation like that. :)
DC

·
Registered
325 Posts
One of my co-workers rides his bike to work each day as I do.
We both use a cover while we are at work. He always put some type of soft sheet over the windshied that also covers the mirrors. I asked wh he did this. He told me that on his 1500 he covered/uncovered it so many times that the paint started to wear on the mirrors so he put this sheet on before he covered his bike. The material feels very soft almost like silk, Never have asked exactly what type of material it is though,

·
Registered
195 Posts
Plain sheet

Heres a cheap trick, pardon the pun. Try using a regular cotton bed sheet one of your old ones, try to keep the wife happy. if you are using the cover in the garage to keep dust off (seasonal riders) this works fine and its cheap. The all weather type covers should have a layer of felt or cotton material on the inside to protect certain painted parts of the bike. A tight cover provides additional protection and reduces the rub wear on the painted finishes. Hope this helps..

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts