GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
How does that even work? It looks pretty flimsy to me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the red one from Harbour Frieght. The wing barely fits on it and it’s tough to align the front wheel onto it as I can’t really see with the fairing.
I bought a Park and move. If you see the videos it does a great job going in circles but manoeuvring into tight spots is tougher. I’m paranoid I’m going to drop the bike while pushing hard on the sides.

I think I’m going to see if a local welding shop will build me a dolly with large easy moving castors.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I also have the Park-N-Move. It works as advertised..

Reactions: DaveFromDenver

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hard to get the bike on, flimsy, got rid of it after one session of putting it on and off. Save your money.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
While using the Park and Move are you concerned about dropping the bike?
The bike seemed surprisingly stable while on the Park-N-Move. I used it to get the bike up close to a wall. My only concern was the Center Stand folding but it never came close..

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 Base Model
1,096 Posts
While using the Park and Move are you concerned about dropping the bike?
It's very easy to move the bike around, see the video on their website. I've been using mine since 2010. I have a Baker ride-off center stand, so I need to put 3, 3/8" thick MDF boards behind the rear car tire. Then I carefully reverse the Goldwing onto the boards and put the sidestand down onto two, 3/8" boards. Then roll the Park 'n Move under the bike, unlock the reverse button, stand next to the bike and put up the sidestand, step on the centerstand pedal and ready to move the bike. Roll the bike forward until the rear tire clears the boards, pick up all the lumber and push the bike where you want it. If you don't have a ride-off centerstand you can skip all the lumber. I'm 5'7 and 68 years old tomorrow and I can easily do all this. In answer to your question, I am not afraid the bike will tip over, you can feel if there is any binding with the Park 'n Move wheels on your garage floor, just go slowly and carefully and it works great!

Good luck and tell us what you settle on and how it works for you!

David

Reactions: Spiff

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's very easy to move the bike around, see the video on their website. I've been using mine since 2010. I have a Baker ride-off center stand, so I need to put 3, 3/8" thick MDF boards behind the rear car tire. Then I carefully reverse the Goldwing onto the boards and put the sidestand down onto two, 3/8" boards. Then roll the Park 'n Move under the bike, unlock the reverse button, stand next to the bike and put up the sidestand, step on the centerstand pedal and ready to move the bike. Roll the bike forward until the rear tire clears the boards, pick up all the lumber and push the bike where you want it. If you don't have a ride-off centerstand you can skip all the lumber. I'm 5'7 and 68 years old tomorrow and I can easily do all this. In answer to your question, I am not afraid the bike will tip over, you can feel if there is any binding with the Park 'n Move wheels on your garage floor, just go slowly and carefully and it works great!

Good luck and tell us what you settle on and how it works for you!

David
Hi David,

I did build a ramp and do have the park and move. I guess I’m just being paranoid about dumping it.

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 Base Model
1,096 Posts
Just because you are paranoid doesn’t mean everybody isn’t out to get you ?

Reactions: Spiff
1 - 12 of 12 Posts