GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I'm not referring to the good looking passenger....

I want a dolly to easily move the bike around the garage on. I've seen a couple on the 'net but the companies that make them are pretty proud of them, starting price is around $300

Anybody seen a cheaper alternative? Maybe have a used one they don't need?

What I'm looking at is like this one

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.c ... 99/sc/7542

but if there is another type I'd like to hear about it

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Buy a decent motorcycle lift and you will have a multi use item. Lift the motorcycle just slightly and you can move it around the garage. Or, you can use it to work on and clean your motorcycle. Good lifts are available from Pit Bull, Sears and other places. I learned the other day that Bulldog is a Pit Bull dealer which may be an option for you.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
A Bulldog and a Pitbull in the same garage !! That could be scary.Maybe we should have a poll on who wins. :D

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I can build you one just like that for materials. I will guess well under $100.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PoleCat, if it wasn't for the shipping cost there to here, I'd tell you to go for it!

The 2x4 and plywood idea is good and I'd thought of that but the height of something like that would make it tricky to get the bike on it.

I have a jack from Sams club like the one you have C.J. and I thought about using it but if you saw where I'm trying to put the bike, you'd understand why I'm reluctant to go that route.

If I only knew someone with a big heavy duty sheet metal brake.....

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
bnordt said:
A Bulldog and a Pitbull in the same garage !! That could be scary.Maybe we should have a poll on who wins. :D
My money is on BullDawg!!!

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
If its the wing and you're just looking to scoot it around on a flat hard surface you can use those little three wheeled dollies like you see under grand pianos in nursing homes. One under each wheel and one for the side stand. About $21 for three of them. Just be sure to secure the side stand to the crash bar with a ratchet strap so a peeble on the floor won't cause a suprise retraction.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I saw one on the Yamaha Star motorcycle accessory page. Look under the Royal Star Venture accessories. They have a flat jack, manually operated then an optional dolly that the jack goes in. Looked like a neat idea but if it is a manufacturer accessory, it probably won't be cheap. I did not see the price.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Hi Pat,

I have a Pit Bull that cost $400 and you can move the bike around the floor with the bike jacked up and have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
azjerry said:
I saw one on the Yamaha Star motorcycle accessory page. Look under the Royal Star Venture accessories. They have a flat jack, manually operated then an optional dolly that the jack goes in. Looked like a neat idea but if it is a manufacturer accessory, it probably won't be cheap. I did not see the price.
here it is

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/pro ... 7/0/1.aspx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts