GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a DJI Mavic Air for traveling due to its small size. Love that I can take it on the bike with me. The drone is slightly bigger than an iPhone X and around 2” thick when folded. It can fit inside a jacket pocket if need be. I took it on the bike last evening for the first time. Got a few pics/video of my brother and I while taking a break. It can shoot 4K vids at 30fps. The drones videography and photography options are astounding! The drone wasn’t cheap but I loved the compactness and quality of it. I had a DJI P3P drone before this one and loved it but it was too big to carry comfortably on the bike. Looking forward to future travels!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I have the same DJI Mavic Air.......got mine last Fall.

It's amazing what it can do for such a small size.......makes a person look like an expert on their very first flight.
I also purchased a small iPad mini (on sale Black Friday) to use instead of my iPhone.......makes a huge difference in the display and ability to see where your going.

Amazing technology in a small package........thanks for the thread, hopefully others will chime in.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
YOU GUYS !!! More please, tell me more.
What would you like to know?........I'm still a rookie but I enjoy it immensely.
I retire in 2-months, this is another fun hobby I intend to explore a lot more in retirement.

This link might help answer some questions:
https://www.dji.com/mavic-air

At some point I'd like to try Active-Track while riding on the Wing and let it follow me at slow speeds. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Look here
https://www.dji.com/mavic
Click on the video; it has more info than you could get in 5 pages of text on this site.
These things are really kool, I used my DJI just a few weeks ago to check my roof for hail damage, did not have to call anyone...

Old technology, a neighbor at my new home made this with a pro 4 (2) years ago, the mavic is leaps and bounds ahead of that and is so much smaller.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Thanks for the links, did a little looking around, about 400-600 dollars. So cool. Maybe a hobby next year while in retirement. Go ahead and post aerial videos and I’ll watch them all. I love it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the links, did a little looking around, about 400-600 dollars. So cool. Maybe a hobby next year while in retirement. Go ahead and post aerial videos and I’ll watch them all. I love it.
I got the “fly more combo” Mavic Air which includes 3 batteries and carrying case. Plus a bunch more accessories. $999USD or $1350CDN.

Reactions: GLblinded

·
Registered
81 Posts
Have a Mavic Pro, been flying for a couple years now. What a great way to see the world in a totally new and exciting way. I like to get on the back roads and use active track as I ride. Great hobby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts