GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Ammoland:
overnor Kitzhaber has signed Gun Bill HB 2792 into law. That’s good news and bad news. Salem, Oregon --(Ammoland.com)- 2792 clarifies lawful carry of firearms on motorcycles, snowmobiles and all terrain vehicles. The “short “ version follows. As always, concealed handgun license holders can carry handguns any way they choose while on motorcycles. This was always so. However,until this bill became law, there was no practical way for a person to legally transport a handgun on a motorcycle if they did not have a CHL. Now those without licenses can carry handguns on motorcycles if they are in a locked container or if they are equipped with a trigger lock.

More at Source.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm not from the state mentioned and I don't have a concealed carry permit but this bill, if it really is written to equate to the short, skinny of the first post, makes sense to me. For me, carrying a gun of any sort doesn't make sense since I am in the military and cannot transport guns onto the bases. I never know if I'm headed to a base or not and that would be one more thing for me to worry about at the gate.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Now you'll be able to ride your MC and be texting with one hand and shooting your gun at stuff with the other. Look mom! no hands.
Only if you've got a cup holder to stash that beer in while both hands are otherwise occupied.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Greetings!

I wonder if the GL1800 trunk will qualify as a "locked case" under the law.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts