GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MS 150 motocycle marshalls are needed to assist with the Houston-to-Austin bicycle tour. The primary communications system is the VHF ham radio repeater system. If you are interested in getting out and having some fun participating in this worthwhile event please contact:
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Do you have to be a HAM to participate and what are the dates? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'd really like to help, but there's a lot of slipperly roads between my QTH and yours (ice, sleet, and 2" inches of snow are predicted here tonight :cry: ). 73, Bob NØXPL/9

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dates for the event are as follows:

Classroom training (one hour) Mar. 13th
Training Ride (pretty much all day) Mar. 14th
The MS 150 from Hou to Austin Apr. 17 & 18 with overnite in LaGrange

At this time we are soliciting Ham-equipped riders for obvious reasons of communications. We will have approx. 13,000 cyclists to protect and assist and communications is a necessity as spread out as they can get.

Later on we may need to call for any and all interested volunteers so if you are still interested please indicate such.

Bob, if it thaws as early as April we would love to have you visit and ride with us........the scenery is wonderful!

·
Registered
177 Posts
MARC & Austin -Huston bike ride

Redwinger
There may be some of us from Southern Ca coming we range from wings to bmws to hds We have a MS bike tour easch year that we host, we do, several a year.It will be talked about thius Sat at our monthly meeting.I have an 02 wing with a Ft100D hf-vhf can do it.
roger/orangestreak
KG6OND

1 - 8 of 8 Posts