GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sears Craftsman has a new motorcycle jack out and it's on sale!! Just bought it yesterday, and am very, very pleased with the quality and LIGHTWEIGHT!! Yep! The new one is aluminum and only 44lbs., but will lift up to 1500lbs.! Check it out at your local Sears or online under sears/tools. Happy hunting!!! :clap2: :fullsize:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Does it really fit the 1800 better, the past versions of other cmpanies just don't seen to fit the 1800 as well as they did the 1500, what was the cost?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The cost is 149.00 on sale.... Be careful when you let her down though, cause it goes quick if your not careful. Just got mine yesterday and I am completely satisfied and would highly recommend it to anyone

·
Registered
900 Posts
I bought one of the aluminum motorcycle jacks from Sears, but returned it as it would lift the bike evenly.
The jack is great rolling it under the bike, not having to put wood uder the kickstand, and is lightweight and easy to store. The problem is the lifting arms have no support arms connecting them, and when you jack the bike up, the arm under the heaviest part of the bike will sag. The jack would have to be modified to work properly, and I didn't want to go through all that trouble.
I returned it and bought the cheaper jack which works just fine.

Fed

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
That looks very similar to the Sam's lift of 2 years ago. Got mine on closeout. Any of these will lift unevenly because the CG is froward of the lift points. I want to solve that problem soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts