GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Does anybody use a lift for there wing, on there Motorhome that will also allow the Toad hook-up?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Buddy of mine just put one of these on his Damon about two weeks ago. It is supposed to lift a Goldwing and looks as though it would - plus - tow a toad: http://www.hydralift-usa.com/

I had one of these on my Winnebago a couple years back BUT at that time I had a Roadking and a Goldwing will NOT fit on this particular unit:
http://www.overbiltlifts.com/features.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Motorcycle Lift for MotorHome

I have a "Cruiser Lift" on my MH (class A Diesel). Works great and I can still tow my Jeep. I believe the max lift weight is 1000lbs. I've only used it for my Harley (700 lbs). Here's the url - http://cruiserlift.com/

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've been looking also, and will be watching this thread. I have a local Hydralift dealer, but am seriously considering the Cruiser Lift system to avoid the hydraulics. Hydraulics work well for lifting, but I will likely remove the lift from time to time. I feel that keeping up with one system (electric) would be better for me than two systems (electric and hydraulic). JMTCW

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bike lifts

I know there are a lot of people who would haul a wing on the rear of a motorhome if it wasn't to wide. To legally haul it must be under 102 inches in width. Our wings are over that limit even without a trailer hitch. Tom

·
Registered
713 Posts
Re: Bike lifts

tom smith said:
I know there are a lot of people who would haul a wing on the rear of a motorhome if it wasn't to wide. To legally haul it must be under 102 inches in width. Our wings are over that limit even without a trailer hitch. Tom
Tom - I hauled my Roadking around for many a thousand miles on the back of my 101 1/2 inch wide Winnebago (exactly 1/2 inch under the max!!) That old HD was close to the same width, but I didn't believe you when you said the Wing was "over" 102 in length - so I went out and measured. Sonofagun :shock: :shock: 103 easy. Maybe 103 1/2 !! Well, my next motor home will have a lift on it but it looks like I'll be putting something back there other then a Wing :shock: (Unless they shorten the next incarnation ) :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
You're right about the 102" width, but if you'll look at many state laws, you'll find out a lot of them identify max width at 96". Not really sure about how putting a larger bike on the rear would be interpreted, but the law indicates the width of the vehicle, not counting add ons, such as mirrors. I'm thinking the hitch could be interpreted the same as the mirrors. It wouldn't be considered a trailer, which would be limited by the same law, because it doesn't have it's own axles. I don't think a wing on back would be any more illegal than the coach you're driving, if the coach has a 102" body.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts