GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have all heard them, we probably play along with some. Let out your dark secrets. Grimlin bells, "Had to lay her down". Got any good ones? Other parts of the country and other countries have theirs, so fess up.

Leave the debates out please. This should be a good distraction from the bad news of the day and other serious stuff.

P.S. I have a bell and the only time I ever laid one down on purpose was to change the tire. ;)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
You'll flip over the handlebars if you use the front brake. (now-a-days you can on some bikes!)

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Them Japs make cute little bikes, but you mark my words, they will never be able to build anything big enough to challange motorcycles like BSA, Norton, and Royal Enfield.

G

·
Did I mention car tires are safer then......Of corpse, good grief , Nice wake but, ...we were all getting bamboozled by all the disinternment funeraria . :eek:

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
the always " Loud pipes save Lives" yea right
Agreed. They may lose rights, but to claim they save lives is a spurious statement at best.

I will have to go with the "had to lay it down" excuse as the most lame. All you are doing by "laying it down" is picking the location of the crash.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
There is no replacement for displacment. Actually we have owned some smaller displacment bikes that were pretty fast.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts