GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I don't have sound here, so this may be answered in the dialog...

Range?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
150 - cool now if they can get the price down to 6k.
Ok, so $6000 to ride 150 miles then I need another one to ride home because it will take 8 hours to actually get anywhere again?

No...

Thanks, but no.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Interesting. I like the looks of it. Would hate to have an accident in it. Would rather be thrown free from my bike than trapped in that.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Ok, so $6000 to ride 150 miles then I need another one to ride home because it will take 8 hours to actually get anywhere again?

No...

Thanks, but no.
I must have missed the part where they said "will replace Honda Goldwing for long distance touring."

·
Registered
345 Posts
I like the inclosed design...and even the balancing system, but I still want a real engine...say 600cc would be nice...something good in the city and yet highway friendly as well. Make that 650 to 800cc 4 cyl engine....now we are talking...!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I like the inclosed design...and even the balancing system, but I still want a real engine...say 600cc would be nice...something good in the city and yet highway friendly as well. Make that 650 to 800cc 4 cyl engine....now we are talking...!
What "extra" will that engine give you? More noise?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Interesting concept. Balanced on two wheels.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Keep a battery system for the balancing system, and give it a small gas engine. Even a 400cc engine will move that thing quickly, and I bet it gets close to 80mpg being aerodynamic like that.

I like the idea of the electric, but charging will be a issue for many people. Maybe put solar cells all over it so it can charge while driving and sitting in a parking lot.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
If you want enclosed ... wouldn't you current car work as well? I can't imagine sitting "in" a bike ... so thanks, but no thanks.
I've seen a few electric bikes that intrigue me enough to (someday) taking a test drive, but this one .... not so much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts