GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of coats including a tourmaster that I really like.
the problem is pants. I would like to get a set that have the same type outer layer as the tourmaster does, kind of like kevlar, with armor in the knees, and a removable liner.
The problem is I am gravitationally challenged. Translated, 6ft 2inches, with about a 29inch inseam and weigh about 250. Hate to admit it but the fat on me is around the waste, try a 48.
It seem all these pants refer to large at size 42.
I would hope that I wasn't the only one out there with a big gut.
Any suggestions, other than lose the gut that is. For various reasons that isn't gonna happen.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Ditto the Motoport/Cycleport.
I wear the 'Ultra II' Kevlar suit. I survived a 65 MPH deer strike dismount and violent tumbling, along the highway, with only sprains & bruises (at age 60). The pants are washable and have removeable hips/thighs, knees/shins armor.
The newer 'MESH' Kevlar/Cordura/Lycra blend is cooler, in the summer, and has higher tensile strength abrasion resistance. I ride at temperatures down to 20 - 25 F and find no need for the insulated pants liner. I DO wear the jacket insulated liner and a sweater/sweat shirt.
Not only will they custom manufacture, to your size, the pants already have a normally generous elastic waist. A looser, bulky fit is more comfortable, for me. They're expensive but worth the quality and infinitely more desireable than road rash!!

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
See the problem. That would be a really tough fit for offf-the-shelf.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Motorsports seems to have what i need, pretty impressive reading the testimonials. The temp range usability is also really good.
I was reading the stuff, but any comments between the regular gp2 pants I think they are, and the ultra II?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Many good brands out there, however, IMHO, I wanted the Ultimate protection and purchased the 'Ultra II' Kevlar suit as well. I got the rainsuit lining and have worn it in 35-40 deg weather with sweatsuit underneath.

Good luck on your choice.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts