GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Lots of bucks being made selling products trying to dissolve creatures that are themselves 98% water. Just a washcloth or microfiber cloth soaked with as hot tap water as you can stand will turn 'em into flotsam. Simple, nothing to carry and the motels always will love you!
Welcome to the Bug Season!

Reactions: mello dude

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I buy either the Honda or the Original Bike Spirits by the case on Amazon - whichever is cheaper. Both work well.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
You haven't lived until you've ridden your bike in Florida during love bug season. The little bastards fill the air and thus the front of your bike.
They have no natural enemies probably due to their acidic body chemistry. Leave them dry on your bike for more than a day and you'll have a permanent reminder of that days ride. I use Pledge, not because they repel the bug but it makes it easier to clean them off the windshield and other Tupperware. Knock on wood, no staining...yet

·
Love The DCT
12,196 Posts
This stuff works great to dissolve dried bugs on the bikes various surfaces including windshields. Spray it on and watch the bugs dissolve, then wipe it off. Sprays on as a foam. IMO, the Honda polish, Original Bike Spirits, and Pledge don't even come close to removing dried bugs like Bug Kutter does. It leaves a nice polished surface. Best part is a large can doesn't break the bank.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
This stuff works great to dissolve dried bugs on the bikes various surfaces including windshields. Spray it on and watch the bugs dissolve, then wipe it off. Sprays on as a foam. IMO, the Honda polish, Original Bike Spirits, and Pledge don't even come close to removing dried bugs like Bug Kutter does. It leaves a nice polished surface. Best part is a large can doesn't break the bank.

Murf, does that Bug Kutter work better than Hydrogen Peroxide? I have just mixed up peroxide with water and sprayed it on, waited a few minutes and hosed it off. But that Bug Kutter would be somthing nice to have in the saddlebag on a trip.

·
Love The DCT
12,196 Posts
Murf, does that Bug Kutter work better than Hydrogen Peroxide? I have just mixed up peroxide with water and sprayed it on, waited a few minutes and hosed it off. But that Bug Kutter would be somthing nice to have in the saddlebag on a trip.
IMO, it works just as well as hydrogen peroxide. It needs to be left on the surface until you see the bugs dissolving and the foam starts to run off the windshield. This usually takes one to two minutes. The can is 19 oz. in size.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone used Stoner Speed Bead in arenol can? I'm wondering how it compares to Original Bike Spirits or Honda Cleaner & Polish which I have not used. I use it on my CTS wheels & it seems to work pretty well. I haven't used it on anything else since I have dozens of bottles of wax, polish & detailer so I save the Stoner for the wheels because you can wipe it off right away. You know what they say about old people once we bend over we want to complete everything while we are down there.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts