GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of anywhere in GRR that rents motorcycles?

Need it for a relative to take his MC test. Actually my Dad... he's been riding for years, but when he moved back to MI he didn't mention the Motorcycle Endorsement on he TX driver's license to the DMV and they didn't transfer it over. :(

As a result, he's been riding for several years now without the MC endorsement not knowing that he didn't have it... it's time to get "officially" legal again.

So now he has to take the test to get his MC endorsement again, and unfortunately, I keep his bike stored down here in Texas, so he doesn't have access to it to take the MI test.

Thanks!

Bob

·
Registered
68 Posts
Motorcycle License Test

My thought is that the test centers probably rent bikes to use for the test. I took my test in Muskegon and rented a bike from the test center on which I took the bike. Much easier to take the test on their small bike than on my Goldwing. Call the test center and see what they have.:congrats:

·
Registered
51 Posts
My thought is that the test centers probably rent bikes to use for the test. I took my test in Muskegon and rented a bike from the test center on which I took the bike. Much easier to take the test on their small bike than on my Goldwing. Call the test center and see what they have.:congrats:
I've heard that test centers rent them as well. If not I believe Grand Rapids Harley Davidson rents bike's. At least they used to when they were Wild Boar.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

So far, I've contacted the only Motorcycle Testing facility in Grand Rapids and they do not rent any bikes for the test.

Per this site: Michigan Department of State Driving Skills Testing, Kent County there are only a few places in Kent County that actually do Motorcycle testing.

I'm about to expand the search and call the Lowell, Rockford, Wyoming, and Grandville locations to see if they rent the bikes, but if I'm reading the site correctly, then it doesn't appear that they do.

If that fails... then I'll contact the local dealerships, but I know the last time I leased an HD for a short day ride on vacation a long time ago... it cost an arm and a leg. :(

·
Registered
543 Posts
How about a training facility instead of a testing place? This is one I found that provides motorcycles for basic training and rents bikes for the ERC Waiver (not 100% sure what that is). It's in Lansing, not Grand Rapids but I would imagine that most training centers would also have rental bikes.

http://www.alphatrainingcenter.com/index.php

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Grumpa,

To use a training facility's bike for a test... I'm thinking he'd have to take one of their courses. I don't think he'd have any problem with that if he hadn't already been riding for most of his life.

I'll look more into it though.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
611 Posts
Does anyone know of anywhere in GRR that rents motorcycles?

Need it for a relative to take his MC test. Actually my Dad... he's been riding for years, but when he moved back to MI he didn't mention the Motorcycle Endorsement on he TX driver's license to the DMV and they didn't transfer it over. :(

As a result, he's been riding for several years now without the MC endorsement not knowing that he didn't have it... it's time to get "officially" legal again.

So now he has to take the test to get his MC endorsement again, and unfortunately, I keep his bike stored down here in Texas, so he doesn't have access to it to take the MI test.

Thanks!

Bob
Not sure but check Grand Rapids HD. I think they rent some. Or Musgeon as some one else mentioned

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try Ferris Collage. They have classes at a very reasonable price. They have classes in different parts of Michigan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts