GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on motorcycle rentals and roads to ride in Las Vegas and surronding area?

I'll be there Jan 19 tru 23, and would like to ride Red Rock Canyon and
Valley of fire on two wheels.

I've been to Vegas twice, both times I have rented a car to visit Red Rock Canyon and Valley of Fire. This year, my son and I want to rent a bike, while we are in Vegas.

I did a google search for "Motorcycle rental Las Vegas" most of the results were for Harleys, which is Ok. It's been a while since I've ridden a Harley. The last Harley I rode was a friend's who is a deputy sheriff. He rides the Road King to do traffic patrol (It's a full dress Police bike with siren, lights and two-way radio).

I found two sites that rented wings, and no dealers that rented sport bikes. Anyone have experience with Cruise America and Moturis?

THIA,
Ben

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
It's been about 8 years, but I once flew to Phoenix, AZ, and rented a Honda at a car/bike rental place that also rented HD's. Check those places that rent HD's, as they might also rent other makes. I don't remember which size/model it was, but the rental owner put different pipes on all the non-HD bikes, and it really sounded good for a small Honda.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ben,

Try Cruise America. They used to be the Gold Wing rental in town. Before there were test rides, you would have to rent one from them and if you then deciced to buy one, the rental fee was credited against the purchase price. Sorry but can not seem to locate our phone book, things are a little disorganized due to Christmas, but do you can find them with a Google search.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I'm interest in the rides also...

...not the bike, but when my Laughlin-7 group heads down to the River Run in late April I am thinking that we will hit some of the roads in eastern NV -- may also head up through Death Valley. Would appreciate anyone's suggestions on rides in eastern NV.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Las Vegas Rentals

Hi Ben,
I just returned from spending Xmas week in Las Vegas. While there I rented at GL180 from Cruise America. http://www.cruiseamerica.com At this time of the year they are giving a 25%discount and I found them reputable to rent from. Here is a link to Webshots if you want o see some of the photos I took while there.

http://community.webshots.com/album/107140000aTELFD

Check the weather before you go as it snowed in the mountains with elevations of 3,500 ' or better.

Good Luck....have fun! :beer2:

The Real Ed Norton :a13:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts