GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We may be coming to the Kona-Kohala Coast for a week in late June 2015 for a conference. Is there a motorcycle rental on the Big Island? (Hawaii is one of the last four states I have to knock out and if we make this trip, I'll finish the map in 2015).

If one exists I'd prefer to find a Goldwing rental. The only rentals I saw were over on Kauai, Maui and Oahu and most of the links didn't work. Also, instead of renting a car I thought we'd try to spend the week on the bike, so a $200 a day option isn't realistic.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
We may be coming to the Kona-Kohala Coast for a week in late June 2015 for a conference. Is there a motorcycle rental on the Big Island? (Hawaii is one of the last four states I have to knock out and if we make this trip, I'll finish the map in 2015).

If one exists I'd prefer to find a Goldwing rental. The only rentals I saw were over on Kauai, Maui and Oahu and most of the links didn't work. Also, instead of renting a car I thought we'd try to spend the week on the bike, so a $200 a day option isn't realistic.
we re also planning a trip there and looking to rent a wing

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
using Google and searching for "big island motorcycle rental" I see at least 3 rentals and an HD dealership that rents. Looks like scooters and mopeds are most popular. Don't see any Wings. Mostly cruisers. The one south of Kona in Captain Cook has V-Strom and other adventure type bikes.

Wife and I were there last summer. I looked into it but we never did rent.

·
Registered
119 Posts
There are a couple different rentals on the Big Island. Big Island Harley in Kona rents Harleys . Www.bigislandharley.com and Big island Motorcycle Company in the Kings Shops at Waikoloa Beach Resorts rents several different makes and scooters. www.thrillseekershawaii.com There are no Goldwing rentals on the Big Island and I think the business that rented Goldwings on Oahu closed. There are several 1100-1500 Goldwings on the island and I only know 3 of us that ride 1800s . There may be more but I haven't seen them. Hope this helps some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts