GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cool addition...

I combined the normal search function with the ZIP code radius search.

http://www.mcrdb.com/search.php

Look for:

ZIP or CA-Postal Code: ____and within a radius of ____ miles

Enter your normal search requirements & add the ZIP code radius search restriction. Only riders within that ZIP radius that match you other search input will be listed.

Example: Now you can find all riders that are members of GL1800riders that are within 25 miles of your zip code. (if they have GL1800Riders in the club affiliation field).

A pretty powerfull search feature to locate other riders with your search criterion withing 0,5,10,25, 50 or 100 miles of your ZIP.

Try it out. Join up.

www.mcrdb.com

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rick Mays said:
Went to your site, looks like a great idea you have going there. I just added our info, so if anyone is around OKc and needs some help or coffee or ride, give us a call. Goodluck,,Rick
Thanks Rick...saw that u signed up. Try the pic upload or provide a link to some photos/albums.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Mike,
Like the site, great for travel info or just seein' who might be hangin' out where but I'm especially impressed that ya don't look like the computer geeks I work with, a dude with a bike who can build that versatile of a website and scare crotchrocket riders when needed. :wink: 8) :lol:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Great Site. We signed in. Just one problem. The radius of the search sould go wider.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Strider said:
Ya search engine works great ... put the search area to within 100 miles, got mostly 4000 miles away :roll:
sorry.... doesn't work for Canadian postal codes. Will give all Canadian members I think. I need to find a postal code lat/lon table to make it work.

You can search on partial postal codes...like just the first 3 characters seems to work (just a string search for that). But no radius miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts