GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install an alarm system (not LOJACK) on my Wing and I have read and heard about ArmedGuard and Scorpio Alarm systems. I believe that Armed Gard warrants their system for 5 years and Scorpio for 2 years.

It seems that the Armed Guard with its optional magnetic reae switches (to secure the trunk and both glove boxes) would be a better deal as the Scorpio system does not monitor those.

I like the remote better on the Scorpio but its functionality that I really need.

Suggestions? Experiences?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I saved my money for other stuff when I considered an alarm system.

If it was a Harley I would consider it, hundreds get stolen yearly and stripped for parts...when is the last time you heard of a 'Wing being stolen?

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
alarms

I personally don't know how the thefts of Wing's stack up against Harley's. That's really beside the point. You have more to be concerned with than just the outright theft of your whole bike. When it is out of your sight like in a public parking area etc.: someone could mount it, knock it over, damaging it, and or taking things and or accessories off of it, the list goes on. I installed an armed guard alarm on my Wing and it works great. I've never had a false alarm sound, It has an perimeter warn away feature that makes people back away when there to close and snoopy(including curious kids) that has an adjustable range also. The instructions are a little vague and the installation is fairly tedious and extensive but it's the best there is, and made specifically for the Wing. If you decide to go with it and get stuck installing, p.m. me and I'll give you some help.

·
Vendor
21,870 Posts
I have a complete review and installation guide of the Armed Guard on line here:

http://www.angelridevideos.com/reviews

I really like the perimeter sensor. It allows me to sleep in a hotel at night without having to worry about someone molesting the bike, and it also lets me leave the GPS on the bike at a gas stop and go inside with at least some sort of protection for it.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Fred H. said:
I really like the perimeter sensor. It allows me to sleep in a hotel at night without having to worry about someone molesting the bike, and it also lets me leave the GPS on the bike at a gas stop and go inside with at least some sort of protection for it.
I've got the Scorpio with the perimeter sensor for the same reasons Fred stated. Those nights at a hotel, or short times away from the bike when I don't feel like removing my GPS, radar detector, cell phone, etc.

I'm not really worried about someone stealing it. Sure, I'd be disappointed that it's gone... but that's what insurance is for, and they'd refund my financial loss.

Tom

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think you'll find that the most popular stolen motorcycles are the crotch rockets by a huge margin. In fact comparitively even the most popular stolen Harley doesen't come close.

FF

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
FastFreddie said:
I think you'll find that the most popular stolen motorcycles are the crotch rockets by a huge margin. In fact comparitively even the most popular stolen Harley doesen't come close.

FF
Good to know, I don't have nor would I want want one of 'em.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts