GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody goin to the show in Rosemont?

I'll be there on Saturday, Feb 7.

I oughta be about half crazy to ride by then. I like the sport bikes. I can resist the choppers. Guess I'm not an artist. :)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
. :?: .. depends on how long I'm tied up in Downers Grove on Saturday ... where's Rosemont and what're the hours?
Scratch that ... just googled it and it looks like a whole 17 miles or so from the hotel .... sounds like it might be fun ... especially after I googled Downers Grove and see it's over 350 miles from here ... so I'll (probably) be staying over Saturday night

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll be there early Saturday. It gets real crowded about lunch and after.

I always had the fanatsy of riding down there but over the last 10 years either the weather was too bad or I had other olbigations after the show. Now those obligations are history and I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the weather.

There are various dealers that sell tix in advance, you save $2 a ticket but you also save one line. You don't have to wait in line buy tix and then wait in line to get in.

Here in Milwaukee it's Cycle Empire that has the tix. With a little searching I'm sure you can find a dealer close to you. They are usually exihibtors at the show

G

·
Tickets

Does Anyone know how much the tickets at the door are for the Rosemont Cycle show and what dates it runs. Thanks Lynn

·
Registered
979 Posts
motorcycle show

:) I will be there on Saturday,it is usually packed though, hope to see some of you there. :D :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a link Lynn

http://chi.motorcycleshows.com/imschi/V40/index.cvn

Thanks for tellin me about the timing, Blue Max. I would've shown up just about the time it started gettin bad. Now I know to roll out of bed early. I think I'll just keep Baby Blue out of the salt, and take the town car. She looks pretty miserable out there in the garage hooked up to the battery tender, like somebody on life support, but it's for her own good. :?

Anybody from the Madison/Janesville/Beloit/Rockford area: I'd be happy to drive, if you wanna free ride.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cycle Show

I will be there Saturday too. Maybe we could have everyone meet at the Honda booth by the Wings around 1:00pm or so. I'm open for ideas.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Bushtec will have a full factory display at the Rosemont Show. Make sure you stop by and "Kick" tires with us! Regards,

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oh, yeah - we'll be there! Eight of us (four couples) will be coming over from NW Ohio. We'll get there Friday late afternoon, stay at the Doubletree across from the convention center, eat at Gibson's Steakhouse (my mouth is already watering :D ), stroll over and buy our tickets for Saturday, and maybe sweet talk the security guards into letting us in about 15 minutes from closing time like we did last year - to get a peek at the Rune... .

On Saturday AM we'll be there right at opening with our tix in hand and wander around for 3-4 hours, then leave and go downtown for some great Chicago-style pizza, and then come back to the hotel and the guys will probably go back to the show until closing or when we run out of $$. This is our little winter get-away. Sure, the Cleveland or Detroit shows are closer, but Chicago is a LOT more fun!

·
Registered
10 Posts
best pizza in chicago is Giradano's (sp)
DEEEEEEEPPPPP dish
There is one just about 3 blocks for the rosemont center. IU go to chicago (from St louis ) just for the pizza!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Rosemont show

We've never been to this one. Is it a good show? Worth the two and a half hour drive (too cold for biking!), motel room, parking fees, etc?
Becky
Pearl Yellow
:snow1:
:yw1:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Going early Saturday but will stick around later if there is going to be a meeting place there.Hope to meet some new people.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts