GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I be able to use my motorcycle stand to change my oil after my cycle gets Triked out:?: Will there still be a center point:?:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Not sure I follow on this one..If you are having the bike triked, why would you need a center stand to change oil? I would think that you shouldn't have to do anything since it will already be sitting level.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure I follow on this one..If you are having the bike triked, why would you need a center stand to change oil? I would think that you shouldn't have to do anything since it will already be sitting level.
What I am talking about is the stand you use to jack it up to change oil when it was a two wheeler. The one like Fred uses in his videos.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I've got the steel craftsman bike jack. The way it wobbles around, it spooks me to have my two wheel wing up there (I've only used it a couple times). I'd think putting a trike on that jack would end poorly. Many people swear by the pit bull jack...don't know anyone that has one to test it out.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
If you are having the foot fairings installed the answer is no.
It's either time for a trike sized table lift or some back up onto car ramps, then use a good auto type floor jack under the motor. Use a jack stand under the motor before getting yourself anywhere "under" w/it up on the floor jack.
If no foot fairings, you still need to get the rear end up on jack stands before lifting the rest of the bike w/a bike jack. When lifting the rear first make sure you block the front wheel so it won't roll or turn!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts