GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'v been thinking of mounting Dunlop E3's on my 1991 VW Jetta ... possibly get better cornering than with the "flat" tires that the car came with. Maybe better milage for gas and tires too. What do you think ??? :roll:

Shouldn't cost much more than $800 for a set of four ...

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
:lol: Will that be 60 series or 70 series? :lol:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
But, what are you going to do about the wobble? Are you going to drive with your hands off the steering wheel? Will the rear tires pick up more nails than the front? You might want to re-think this idea. :lol:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Make sure you adjust the rear pre-load for passengers and be very mindfull of tounge weight if you tow a trailer... you will have to up the preasure for both!

And for goodness sakes make sure you are braking properly! that Jetta probably doesn't have integrated brakes!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Are you serious? Dunlop E3's on a Jetta? You've got to be kidding. The purists of this forum would never stand for it. You should stick with the tires that came on the car. I think they're Metzelers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You gotta be kidding, right? :?: The tire to pavement contact area is FAR less on a cycle tire than an automotive tire. You will be slippin' & slidin' on your way to disaster! :drive1: Don't be foolish.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I disagree. I think it will work just fine!. :lol: :lol:

By the way, anytime you take the wing and start swinging it around over your head, you've got to be crazy! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Italian Stallion said:
Lets no go into what engine oil is best for your VW Getta. Oh, my goodness!
VW's should be able to be run on any kind of oil. The Beetles had nothing more than a screen for an oil filter for years, and they ran quite well, and lasted a long time as long as you changed oil every 3000 miles. (and the screen). :lol:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Italian Stallion said:
Lets no go into what engine oil is best for your VW Getta. Oh, my goodness!
My vote for Purple Royal Triton. Did I spell that right...I mean correctly?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts