GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 vignette/vignetten in German, is a type of road tax based on a daily-week of yearly time. A vignette may be needed for any or some roads in Countries. A toll can still be added for toll roads. Some EU Countries don't require Vignette stamps other do. (I use terms vignette/vignetten/ stamps and passes as all the same thing).

As you can see from the above Austrian stamps can be bought at the border from day to yearly.
Swiss stamps are needed for freeways, not on back roads, keep in mine that is you want to just get some where in Switzerland you'll need a pass.

You will also notice some toll road require a stamp for day to multi day use.

The Italian toll booths. Use card or cash. Be in the correct exit lane.


Swiss yearly vignetten
1 - 1 of 1 Posts