GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I know YW and Chuck are just kidding.

I was fortunate enough to meet Sheila at WOTS in the parking lot at the RRF. It was fun listening to tell of some of her trips and adventures. THis lady has accomplished alot on a Wing. If she could get it all written down it would be fun to read as well.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Like 5Ross and the others, I too was fortunate enough to meet and enjoy a Fall ride with Sheila. This meeting took place at the Wisconsin Dells Breakfast ride that was set up by Loren. I also had the pleasure of having dinner with Sheila along with a great group of Gold Wing people. The conversations that took place in the parking lot and other places with Sheila and the signing of her drinking mug are just priceless. But best of all was the ferry ride across the Wisconsin River, I guess who could say it was like Wings on the water or Wings arcoss the water. It was great meeting you Sheila, hope to see and talk to you down the road.

EZ Reiter

·
Road Warrior
1,323 Posts
Hi Fred, right now I am at 76,000 . I am in Seattle getting some work done on the bike and then I am heading your way. Man I hate all this rain. Right now I am planning on attending the International Motorcycle Show there in Ft. Worth. Not sure what day yet. Sheila

·
Registered
95 Posts
I sure hope you're getting out of here before this big storm moves in today thru tomorrow Sheila? I also would love to meet you in person and hear some of your lessons learned and adventures from long distance riding. Please be safe...
Bill

·
Tattooed Freak
510 Posts
loren said:
motorcyclemom40 said:
I'm not much of a writer but if you meet me in person I don't shut up :lol:
absolutely
+1 to all above. the wife and i had the privilege of meeting her on the deals run. she is a fun lady to talk to and the ride she is trying to make (and will) is an inspiration to us all.
if you get close to wisconsin again let us know.
and signing your drinking pitcher was honor
later bill

·
Registered
65 Posts
Fred, be warned, she not coming down for the show. She coming for
another cleaning. The cleaning you did in Harrison has worn off.
She really liked that deep cleaning, under the gas tank that is.

Edward

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
By now there is probably just as much dirt under that tank as there was in Harrison. Better take it apart and check.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Well, I have some pictures.

The photo above was when Sheila was happy with Fred's work on fixing her cooling leak under the awning at Harrison, ARkansas' Holiday Inn. However, a few minutes after this photo there was a sudden burst of water under her bike and she quickly turned off the engine in a trial run. I am not sure how happy she was with Fred after that! :lol: :lol: I am sure Fred can explain.

The photo above at Aviation Technologies shows Sheila and Andy Pearson in their first week with the new trailers.

Sheila had a relatively new Metz do this in a very remote area of Montana and had to be hauled 90 miles.

Sheila's rig is in the center at the OST on one of our Sunday morning breakfasts while across the orange Trike, Fred enlightens George on his FJR.

Lean complained that Sheila's Tailwind did not match her bike. Seems ok to me. Actually, she is shown here leaving Spring Branch with Chuck Laabs' trailer, delivering it to Seattle. She took an unintended path and crossed Engineers' pass on 550 with ice on the Road, dropping down into Ouray.

Sheila leaving Spring Branch the first time with her new trailer.

A very good shot by Fred Harmon before Sunup at 75 mph on the way to Bandera's OST for breakfast.

It is already after breakfast and the sun is not up yet. Sheila checks notes with CE Radford's trailer in tow on its way to Newport News via Denver.

Sheila checks in with hubby as we split and whe heads north east and me back to work building trailers.

A dreary day in Blanco while Sheila heads south with the new trailer after leaving Steve Aylor's Marble Falls Gathering. We did not know then that it would likely be the last one there. :lol:

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Thanks for the pics, Tom.

If you're going to be at Cats Cade again, Sheila, I'd like to meet you and hear a tale or two. I'm amazed at what you've been doing.

Press on...

·
Road Warrior
1,323 Posts
Tom (twyn), I just talked to hubby this morning about vacations next year and we may be going to cats-cade and Americade. We just hope this next year is dryer than '06.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Fred H. said:
Here is a photo of Sheila on her next bike. Just look at the grin it puts on her face.

Sheila,
Better let Tom know that the Tailwind is going to need a paint job. :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.