GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about Sheila'a year long ride. What record did she break, (previous record) how much did she break it by, who held it, what kind of bike, was it recorded by Guinness Book of records? I cant even imagine trying a ride like that in one year.

·
Registered
626 Posts
She was going for the IBA most miles in a year. Think she finished at 126,000 think the standing record is 120,000 or so.

·
Premium Member
5,969 Posts
What an awesome achievement.

Unfortunately right near the end she had an accident that severely damaged her Goldwing to the extent that it now needs to be repaired or replaced. Some folks have offered to help.
When some people need help with how to change their oil, some of us help.
When somebody needs help with what kind of oil to use, some of us offer help.
When some folks ask to borrow tools, some of us say sure no problem.
When somebody needs some advice, some of us offer to help.
When somebody needs help with their crashed Goldwing, some of us offer to help.
Seems logical to me. If it doesn't to you, that's okay with me.
See info below if you want to help.
PM or email me if you need any more information.

·
Vendor
22,392 Posts
The previous record was held by a Harley rider and was 125,123 miles. Sheila's mileage for the year is 126,137. Her bike now has 190,000 miles on it, and is pretty badly damaged from an accident that happened in the last 1,000 miles.

Many folks in the IBA ask for donations and sponsors to get financial support for long rides like this that require a lot of financial and personal investment. Sheila asked for non, and did this all on her own at her own expense.

·
Registered
440 Posts
see this thread:

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... &start=100

Tom Finch said:
How about the most miles ever ridden in one year on a motorcycle!

The first woman to do 100,000 miles in one year! (Only 7 men and since, one other woman)

The first person to do 100,000 miles in year, all on one bike!

Most miles ridden in one year on one bike!

The first person to do the IBA 48 state tour in under 10 days pulling a trailer!

Most miles pulling a trailer in one year!

First 7,000 miles in 7 days pulling a trailer!

I am sure there are a lot more.

PS:

It will take months to finish all the reports from Sheila's ride and have them blessed. Not all things she has done are recognized as sanctioned IBA rides, and there are probably several that are sanctioned that were not mentioned here.
amazing

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
RIGHT ON!!!...hummm...or should I say...RIDE ON!!!

·
Road Warrior
1,323 Posts
I set out to be the first woman to ride 100,000 miles in one year. I hit that goal Feb 1st and decided to go for the Iron Butt Association record which was 125,123.

From April 19th of 2006 to April 19th of 2007 I did 126,137 miles. Not sure about all the rest, really don't care. The one I wanted the most was the first woman. All of the miles were done on my 2004 gl1800. I am in the process of getting all my paperwork together now for the IBA. This may take awhile since there is so much to do and riding season is here again :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sheila,

I've never met you (hope to some day), but woman, man, or whatever, it was an amazing accomplishment.

The most amazing thing to me is that you set a goal, you focused on your goal, and not only did you achieve the goal, but you exceeded it far beyond what anyone would expect.

This is the key to success in life. We as humans are capable of increadible things - we just don't set high enough goals, or don't try hard enough!

The motorcycle thing and the record thing are almost incidental: you set a goal, and then you blew it away!

If you ever decide you want to write a book and want some help (not that you need it - you seem to be a pretty good writer!) let me know. I'm a decent writer and would love to help!

Bill

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
bzirk said:
The most amazing thing to me is that you set a goal, you focused on your goal, and not only did you achieve the goal, but you exceeded it far beyond what anyone would expect.

Bill
And looked good doing it too. :D

·
Road Warrior
1,323 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
bzirk said:

Bill
Looking good is easy when you are riding the prettiest color that Honda ever put on a Wing

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
motorcyclemom40 said:
Arn Butt Bill said:
bzirk said:

Bill
Looking good is easy when you are riding the prettiest color that Honda ever put on a Wing
oh my garsh shiela

the best color???

i would rather have a dorky yellow one than that magenta stuff

·
Trained Killer Member
1,541 Posts
motorcyclemom40 said:
Arn Butt Bill said:
bzirk said:

Bill
Oh DANG Sheila!!! Ya just ruined it for me! Does PayPal have an "Ooooops!" button!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

We all know that Metal Flake Silver is THE absolute FASTEST and HANDSOMEST color available!!! :p :p :p

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Sheila rides a li'l.

Like last night after Hedo's party.

I rode home 20 miles from Jefferson, WI

Sheila rode home to OHIO.

Get it? :lol:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Sheila

Lazyboy said:
Sheila rides a li'l.

Like last night after Hedo's party.

I rode home 20 miles from Jefferson, WI

Sheila rode home to OHIO.

Get it? :lol:
And she did it on a bike that may be totaled. Still sporting the duct tape and plastic put on to get her home after the wreck. Now that's a rider.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Re: Sheila

OzarksF6 said:
And she did it on a bike that may be totaled. Still sporting the duct tape and plastic put on to get her home after the wreck. Now that's a rider.
Home and back out again this past saturday when she rode with us all weekend long. Just goes to show you, you can't easily kill a Goldwing.

BAT

1 - 20 of 25 Posts