GL1800Riders Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I think the average car driver drives 12,000 miles a year. I am not an average motorcycle rider but I did 105,000 in 36 mohths of the 04 Wing's use. I did 90,286 in 23 mohts on the 01. My 93 Wing has 254,000 on it.

That seems to be about 450,000 in 13 years or very nearly three times the average annual miles for cage drivers. I had one singel vehicle accident that would not have happened if I had gotten ABS on the 01 bike. All of those miles have had a trailer hooked on the bike.

There are others who do lots of miles on Bikes. Dont hear of many in cates doing 36,000 or more a years.

Newbies on Harlies, The bar hopping crowd, and wild kids on crotch rockets skew the data. Of course they will always be there.

Cell phone wielding cage drivers are a very great cause of bike accidents and that seems to not go away either.

Steve Ayler was hit very hard on his Wing last month by an intoxicated woman who told the police that those two motorcycles came out of no where. Steve was riding alone. She crossed in front of him and hit steve with her right front door.

·
Registered
20,024 Posts
There are others who do lots of miles on Bikes. Dont hear of many in cates doing 36,000 or more a years.
My mother was a real estate agent. She easily put over 50,000 miles on her cars every year. That is not unusual for cars.

Newbies on Harlies, The bar hopping crowd, and wild kids on crotch rockets skew the data. Of course they will always be there.
Don't forget that you have drunks, soccer moms, cell phone wielding idiots, and newbies driving cars too, so those high risk riders may not skew the numbers as much as you think.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts