GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone subscribe to a touring motorcycling magazine by the name of RoadRUNNER?

I know my "handle" is Road Runner but I have nothing to do with this magazine.

I found it on a magazine rack at the local grocery store. It is full of great rides and tours in the US as well as abroad. Check it out if you care to!

http://www.rrmotorcycling.com/

It appears to be quite expensive ... but if you own a great touring motorcycle like the GL1800, you should be able to afford a magazine subscription.

The Feb 04 issue compares the GL1800 with ABS with the BMW K1200LT-E

Just thought I would bring some of you up to speed!

Road Runner

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Road Runner

Thanks for the heads up on the mag. Appears to have some good articles, and lots of touring subject matter.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It's a fairly nice magazine, they have a table at the Honda Hoot and give away old issues. The main guy is a European living in the US, and I noticed a fair amount of European content, he seems to have a lot of contacts that do articles for him. Their photography is outstanding. :s27:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Road Runner said:
It appears to be quite expensive ... but if you own a great touring motorcycle like the GL1800, you should be able to afford a magazine subscription.
Gotta love your logic! The only problem is that not everyone who rides a Goldwing has a lot of extra cash lying around. Sure, I paid lots of money for my Goldwing, but I'm still on a budget! Doesn't make me cheap, just trying to live within my means!

Sorry, I'm not really reacting to what you said, Road Runner, but I seem to recall that a few weeks back, someone else asked a question about a low-cost alternative for oil filters, and they got put down for trying to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It's $24.95 a year, the biggest problem is a year is only 5 issues, if it was 12 issues that wouldn't be too bad. The photography is excellent and it's printed on high quality paper, much higher than most other magazines, so that justifies it to some extent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts