GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's an old sailor's saying, "Set out into the deep with God's grace, calm seas and a following wind."

My New Year's wish for each of you is, "Set out on the highways of life with God's grace, gentle but challenging roads and with the sun and wind at your back."

May each of you have a very safe New Year, and as someone has already said, I trust we will all be able to talk to each other at the end of 2007.

With special thanks to Hal, LaMont and all the folks who make this board what it is.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
The same back to you Bob along with your lovely wife.

Maybe, just maybe I will make it to Kerrvile the last of March.

I am in a quandry on which bike to ride. I have added the drivers backrest and a set of extra headlights along with a throttle lock. I also have the wiring for the GPS done. (no sound though) I did not like Betty anyway. :wink: :wink: It is just about ready for the long haul. Maybe Texas will be the place. I have over 650 miles on it so the break in oil will be replaced by then.

Ross

·
Registered
362 Posts
Very well said, Thank You and the same back to you..
Merry Christmas :xmas1:

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Bob,
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Safe and Happy new year from our house to yours.

I'm really looking forward and hoping to see you again this year at Cats-Cade. I know where that stool is kept and I'll make sure it is shiny clean for you when you arrive. We really missed you last year. Be well our friend.
If you travel in the afternoon on the way to Cats-Cade, that "sun and wind will surely be at your back."

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Thank you Bob and I look forward to meeting you in Texas.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Bob,
All the same for you and yours.

Like CJS, I hope to see you at Cats-cade next year.
Can't wait to see all you've done to Skeeter, so I can start working on my wifes.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Your sentiment is the subject of a traditional Gaelic blessing that is often the wish of one bicylist to another:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

I think it is fitting for motorcyclists as well, and is my wish, along with joy of the season, for all on this board.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Couldn't have said it better, same to you Bob and all here...

Ride Safe

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Thanks Bob and the same back at ya. :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts