GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
I have been riding my 2018DCT for over one year and still am not as tight with it as I was with the 2002. Jerry, on his first ride there is about where I am now. I do not practice that as much as I should. I do use tour mode so as to keep the throttle response the same as I use mostly when riding. I was glad to see someone else wear a comfortable helmet and with the chin strap no choking him.

prs

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Not to highjack this thread but:

Motorman Jerry Paladino. has a maneuver that he & his wife do that I think is amazing. They change positions (driver to passenger and passenger to driver) while doing a figure 8 in a parking lot situation, in literally a blink of an eye, so smooth you can hardly detect it. They have taught another couple to do it but they are not perfected yet .

If anyone has a video of that maneuver, it should be posted, cause it is one of the best maneuvers I have ever seen done on a motorcycle. I go to his shows just to see them perform it...

He has helped MANY riders gain confidence in their ability to handle a m/c for many years.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
This was after my 20 minute demo ride in Feb 2018. I found the GW DCT very easy to control. No cones though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts