· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called MotorTrike today and was told by Ashley Lundren,
that you have to get the pads from them, because they
are specially made for them, no part number.:twisted:

She also said they should last a long time, haven't sold any yet.:lol:

$30.00 for for the set [4 pads]:lol:

There goes the rumor of off the shelf pads.

· Registered
2,582 Posts
Rick, $30 for four pads doesn't sound too bad. I put new Honda pads on my front @ $45 per pad! Naturally, the dealer stuck it to me, but I needed them right away. Had 46K on them, one was in bad shape as a small rock had stuck in it.

· Registered
8,027 Posts

If you have the Original MT Break system that is true. They are ONLY available from MT, and used to be Free!!! If you have the Upgraded system - Updated in mid 06 they are Ford pads. Look at the Service Manual under my Sig....

· Registered
9,099 Posts

Bet those off-the-shelf Ford pads are more than $30 for two wheels.......

The front Honda pads are way more than that, and thats just one wheel.....

· Registered
8,027 Posts
Bet those off-the-shelf Ford pads are more than $30 for two wheels.......

The front Honda pads are way more than that, and thats just one wheel.....
That was one thing that I didn't do when I was crossing them at Auto Zone :oops: was to ask how much they were :!: There is so much meat on them, I will have Whiskers by the time they get to the replacement point... :yes1:

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is for G. Patrick.

You must occasionally suffer from not reading what you see. Don't feel bad it happens to all of us. Please read title of post again please.

When I talked to MT's Ashley, I told her several times that I wanted info on pads for the upgraded calipers. I have called and asked her for info and she always came back with good stuff, so I don't know what happened.

The Bendix D347 are approx $80.00 and Duralast are $25.00. Probably more pad on Bendix, but not enough to justify the price. Paying a name.

· Registered
8,027 Posts
Oh I think I read the Title properly "MotorTrike brake pads for upgrade"

The text is worded that the pads are not available, but through MT, thus my answer to look in the document that is at the end of my sig line.

Now if the information wasn't useful I will give you a full refund, in fact I will double what you payed for it. I did mention in another post that I had not checked on the cost, that isn't my worry. The pads are indeed available off the shelf, at any Auto Store..

Now if someone choses to contact MT for the pads, that is their choice.

The information is primarily for someone that may at some time need a set of pads while out on a trip, and away from home on a Friday night. Having the information is priceless in the time it saves having to wait two or three days to call MT to order, and then wait some more for them to show up.

Now if the title had of included or mentioned "Reasonable, or Cheaper"
it would have fallen in line with with the cost that is stated, and not lead to this confusion.

MT does give good information to their customers, and at one time gave the pad numbers on the phone.

:coffee1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.