GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from talking to my local MotorTrike dealer, they said Motortrike had told them they were coming out with an Independent Suspension model maybe in the next couple of months.

Rick

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Now that is interesting! They consider the current set up as a semi- independent, by the way the Ladder Bars work. The ladder bars move up, and down independently, and if one side is up the other side is neutral. Solid rear axle but independent movement, not rigid.

Or that is how I understand it. We will find out as time goes on.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
George P. When are you going to order your IRS model? I will wait until you run yours for a few years, then I will get one.....:joke: :joke:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
George P. When are you going to order your IRS model? I will wait until you run yours for a few years, then I will get one.....:joke: :joke:
Me too!! Right after the manual is done of course.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I guess I will order mine after you guys order yours

·
Registered
17 Posts
I spoke with the factory today, they said that IRS was news to them.
But there are some new products coming in the next several months???
I will let them tell.

Frank

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I spoke with the factory today, they said that IRS was news to them.
But there are some new products coming in the next several months???
I will let them tell.

Frank
I started to call, but didn't, suspecting what the answer would be.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
The way Jef Vey has bragged up his present design, I doubt he will change it soon...why change a proven design and the most reasonably priced....

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Talked to my MotorTrike dealer today. He called the factory, she told him it that was the fourth call today asking the same thing, and nothing is scheduled in that area. So, it ain't happening. But I got it off the net.......:shrug:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Once you understand how the ladder bar system works in conjunction with the sold axle, and the active air ride, and coil over shocks. It is truly a great suspension setup, and combines the best of both worlds. :doorag:

Maybe I should ask Jeff for a job. :eek:4:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Silverbullet,...if Frank check it out, and said it was not going to happen....then you can take it to the bank..it's not going to happen...:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Silverbullet,...if Frank check it out, and said it was not going to happen....then you can take it to the bank..it's not going to happen...:thumbup:
I don't know about that Emmitt.....;)

You saw that the "Don Wheels" expressed an interest there a few posts up....
And if the "Don" decides there should be a IRS/MT.....
well...... the official East Coast Mob welcoming & enfocement committee might just be paying a visit to the MT engineers.:joke::joke:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts