GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is something different what do you guys think of this sports tourer it is still a prototype to be build in the USA looks good and sounds awsome 160 hp six speed box with a beefy looking V4 i like how you can see the engine just sitting there similar to a GUZZI no valve adjustments either they say I like the looks of the white one with the panniers

I wonder will it ever see production and the cost ?

Cheers :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Interesting but no cigar from me. Looks like its air-cooled and the heat off those heads and pipes goes straight to the legs. Ouch!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I thought it was liquid cooled, but Those pipes look like they would roast my knees.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Interesting but no cigar from me. Looks like its air-cooled and the heat off those heads and pipes goes straight to the legs. Ouch!
This is copied from their web site:
Engine type
1645cc (100ci) liquid-cooled 90º V4; dual OHV; pushrod; chain-driven single cam; hydraulic lifters

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
For some reason, I get the impression that the riders were fighting to make it turn. It seemed to be swinging wide in most all turns - never saw it hit an apex, and they swung into the oncoming lane in one turn. These should be skilled riders, and I was surprised to see that.

BTW, when will someone try an inline four again like the old ACE? Seems the trany could be located underneath if it was too long.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
The Motus motorcycle needs to offer something special that the similar ST1300 or Moto Guzzi does not. So far, I don't see it.

Also, if Motus actually wants to sell a bunch of these "sport touring" bike, they are going to need a real Back seat with a real back rest and so far, they don't have the guts to offer the BEST passenger seating on any sport touring bike. My wife took one look at the passenger seat on the K1600LT and said two worlds: "Gold Wing!" I wish them well, but right now, I wouldn't/couldn't buy one.

PS
I agree with PidJones: It LOOKS in the video like they can't get the bikes to turn. I know I can get the ST or RT down to the apex. If the Motus turns well, they need to show that in the videos.

·
Registered
350 Posts
In this day of technology and reliability I do not understand why an engine manufacturer would produce a NEW engine that is push rod vs overhead cam. I know push rod engines are very reliable for the most part but it just doesn't fit in with todays' technology especially on a sport bike. And as was already stated, with the competition being what it is I really believe they went the wrong way. Now, if they had designed a TOURING bike around that motor, even with the push rod techniology I think there would be more demand, and interest. 160hp on a touring machine cabable of two up touring and pulling a trailer would be awesome. I'm going to get flamed for this next statement but it's true; the Yamaha Royal Star Venture is a fantastic touring machine that, if up dated and upgraded, especially in the horsepower area, would be an even better touring machine than the Wing. To ME, and you notice I capitolized "me" and IMHO, the RSV is more comfortable than the Wing. Maybe Motus and Yamaha could get together and build the BEST touring machine ever. ---flame suit on !!!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
This is copied from their web site:
Engine type
1645cc (100ci) liquid-cooled 90º V4; dual OHV; pushrod; chain-driven single cam; hydraulic lifters
I saw that too!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Will be interesting to see what the price point is. I've always liked something a little different, so one of these is very intriguing.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
  • 530 pounds wet
  • 161 HP at 7800rpm
  • 122 Tq at 4500rpm
Damn, that thing must haul.

I realize there are crotch rockets turning in those HP number (and more), but the torque number is VERY impressive.

·
Registered
73 Posts
getting old

I have laid miles of electrical wire on my bikes. I have made dozens of mounts for am/fm/xm/cb/intercom radios. Of our (wife and daughter) current six bikes, five have cruise controls that are after-market. In summary, if this bike doesn't have a version with nav, radioS, and other electric devices I am not interested. I am getting too old to buy the bike that runs the way I want it to run and then spend another $2000 and two weeks getting it comfortable enough for my wife and I to ride long periods.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Here is something different what do you guys think of this sports tourer it is still a prototype to be build in the USA looks good and sounds awsome 160 hp six speed box with a beefy looking V4 i like how you can see the engine just sitting there similar to a GUZZI no valve adjustments either they say I like the looks of the white one with the panniers

I wonder will it ever see production and the cost ?

Cheers :thumbup:
Well, you forgot one thing.... Bunch of old cranky farts here. :shrug:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts