GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone know if Honda or anyone else makes a mount which attaches to the clutch mounting bolts for a Garmin Nuvi?
Also would anyone know if there would be a problem using this on my GL1800 except in the rain?
Also I guess there is an accessory I can put in that left hand pocket to plug into like a cigarette lighter. Are these Honda accessories?

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I used a ram mount for my nuvi 350 for about 3 months. But like you said, it's not water proof and down here it rains everyday in the summer. i would have to cover it up with a plastic freezer bag everytime it rained and could not see the screen very well. I bit the bullet and got a Zumo. I used the clutch reservoir ball mount instead of the clamp mount because I alread had a Butler Cup on there.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I agree with the ram mount. I have one and it works fine. I just bought a Nuvi 760 and used it on a five day trip recently on my FJR - it works great. I used a plastic bag the only day it looked like rain.

I also have a mount for the GW that works on the cluth bracket - it worked great on the 2720 I had, and will easily adapt to the Nuvi I have now.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Here is my jerry rigged Nuvi mount. Power cord runs to the driver side pocket. It is rigged because there was a mount on the bike for another type of GPS, the top side pieces are Ram. Good luck

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
cyclegadgets.com has the mounts, and cradle

plus a rain cover if your interested, usualy used on a xm radio

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Better than a rain "Cover". RAM makes and sells what they call an Aqua Box.

Bulldog
I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts