GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if I've missed a thread that addresses my question.

Does anyone have suggestions about how to mount their iPhone on the bars? I haven't found such a mount during Google searches.

Thanks,
Garry

·
Registered
22 Posts
RAM Mount on DCT Part Number GX-GWDCT.

I use a RAM Mount with an X-Grip. The nice thing about RAM is you can use it with other things: Cup holder, camera, etc. Check out the video I did on the Mount for the 2018 DCT. The part number is in the description.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I’m very fond of the Techmount. They make a mount for about every application. I use it on devices as large as an iPhone XR with otter box. I’m not sure about anything bigger. They’ve held my phones for years without fail, through wheelies on sport bikes and long touring days the same.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tried to locate this new Ram mount ball for the 2018 but can't find it anywhere even on Ram Mounts web site, any help?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Tried to locate this new Ram mount ball for the 2018 but can't find it anywhere even on Ram Mounts web site, any help?
Went to there web site and came up with this.....Couldn't find what you were looking for?
Call Us! (855) 726-0786
We are available 24/7

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The X Grip will do just fine, only a few reports of the phone coming loose but that could have been user error by not seating the phone.

I decided on removing the X Grip and going to the Goldstrike mount on the right bar, and sometimes change the phone for the cup holder by Goldstrike using the same perch mount.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Slipgrip car mount makes a phone mount that fits the phone in a case. They have several case selections for each phone. Mounts via ram mount.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Why are people mounting iPhones to their handle bars? Throw it in the glovebox or case and use CarPlay!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Can't find it on their site. You still using this? How do you like it?
I'm using this on my left handlebar with the RAM double clamp on it. With the CB, it's the cleanest way to mount an accessory on the left side. It's the standard ram ball with 1/4 x 20 threaded shaft. I removed the CB switch, drilled & tapped the hole, then screwed the ball in. Works great.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Why are people mounting iPhones to their handle bars? Throw it in the glovebox or case and use CarPlay!
I use car play every time but the iPhone gets hot in the glove box. I use the phone mount on the right side and run the iPhone cord into the glovebox and plug it in. I use Cardo pack talk slim and you can connect the phone to it and make adjustments. Or easy with Pandora.
I use the quad lock phone mount and nothing works as good. Easy on and off and tight as a virgin on the bike.
www.quadlockcase.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
144 Posts
I use car play every time but the iPhone gets hot in the glove box
Are you using the foam insert? (Don't)
Are you turning the screen off? (Do)

Every time I plug into carplay, the screen comes on. If you just throw it in the glove box it'll get HOT. But if you turn the screen off then the phone stays cool, in my experience.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I use car play every time but the iPhone gets hot in the glove box. I use the phone mount on the right side and run the iPhone cord into the glovebox and plug it in. I use Cardo pack talk slim and you can connect the phone to it and make adjustments. Or easy with Pandora.
I use the quad lock phone mount and nothing works as good. Easy on and off and tight as a virgin on the bike.
www.quadlockcase.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Did you modify the glove box to run the cord to the mount?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts