GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best location for mounting a Centech AP1 (fuse block), on a GL1800.
Any pics of the install would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
This might be a little confusing! The removable lid that is on the bottom of the trunk. The one that covers the Cb unit. I attached mine to the underside of it. I ran my wires thru the bulkhead like you for the Cb install. When I need to access my fuse block I just flip the cover over and its right there. I like it there beacuse it stays perfectly clean, no road dust etc. Also you dont have to remove the seat or any covers to get to it to replace a blown fuse if needed. It really turned out nicer than I thought it would. That Centech is a very well built, lean, small unit.

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
I don't know which Centech fuse block the AP1 is. They sell a lot of fuse blocks. Here is a pic of the one that I bought from Centech a couple of years ago. Hope it helps.

·
Banned
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toyo:
I took your advise & removed the C.D. player.
Beneath the C.D. player is sufficient room to mount the "Centech AP 1".
Then run the wires throught a hole which I will drill though the trunks bulkhead.
I am going to an automotive dealer to find a rubber grommet to protect the wires from chaffing on the plastic bulkhead.
While the C.D. player is out I will take it to the local stereo repair shop that my local Honda dealer uses. As on occassion I do get a "mech error" which means one or more of the tiny springs which change the c.d.'s has either come off or become weak. Since the unit is out I will get all the springs replaced/unit serviced, prior to reinstalling it. The centech AP1 will then have a very nice clean install, with easy access to the fuses.
Thanks much:
Wayne

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Wayne, Do you have a Fry's store near you? They sale this stuff that is made of some type of fabric that you run the wire through. It keeps the wire very clean and will not allow it to chafe anywhere. Its kinda like a sleeve, cant emember the name of it. I found my rubber grommet at a Marine store. They have alot of that kind of stuff because of all the bulkheads in a boat.

One more thing, I put my main fuse after I got the hot wire into the compartment. I hope if I ever have any problems that fuse will blow first and be very easy to replace. Be sure to leave enough of your wires so that after everything is connected to the Centech you can move it up and over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts